Does Your Bully Like Christmas Lights

Deanna1489

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
I think Otis finally discovered the Christmas tree today :D He has enjoyed it all day. How about your bully? Do they enjoy Christmas lights?

Attachments

• iPhoto.app.jpg
    iPhoto.app.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 169

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Mine is ambivalent. He could not care less, but I must confess I was surprised because he tends to be OCD about things being moved or new things added.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
We dressed our home and tree last night -so far so good Lily is not bothered ;-) so looks like my tree will survive in one piece

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Not sure yet, Deanna as Cami has been here 6 months but she is almost
6 yrs old and very mellow so not much fazes her, not even my loud rock
blaring out of the TV as she snores at the foot of my bed (I do keep it
lower than usual so not to hurt her hearing, lol)

Love Otis and the pic, how cool!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
love the picture :) I haven't put up a tree yet ... hopefully they will be fine with it, I'm sure they will have to check it out and probably bark at it a couple times, new things in the house is a cause for alarm :lol:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea has sniffed and nibbled on ours a few times but other than that she just leaves it alone.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
To my enormous surprise, Dudley did not really bother the tree the first two years...we'll see what happens...I haven't put mine up yet. He hates when the furniture gets moved, but he's usually been great with the tree -- I don't use a tree skirt any more though...I mean, why tempt him!?:christmas26::christmas26:

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
:hellno: HAHAHA! Last year no tree, this year:scared:not sure may get a little one, i thought we might try to put it up with ornaments:begging:? Harley snatches and does the guarding mode with our stuff! He can go up to three hrs with the TV remote or till he passes out, its not pretty. I can take toys or food, bones right from his mouth but anything of ours could cause great harm, he goes into some kind of trance like Kujo!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I don't have Christmas anymore-but when I did, I never put ornaments, or tinsel, down low where "anyone" could get to it. I also had a plant hanger hook in the ceiling, to tie the tree to,with fishing line, so it wouldn't get knocked over(by accident:yes:) I DO have Christmas light on the front porch all year long(should be a song.....heh,heh....) so they are used to the lights!!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas could care less about the lights, it's the big ol bad boxes that we pull out to decorate, that scares the crap out of him. Set's his OCD off.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Such a sweet photo... It is like he is in a trance.

Banks could not care any less about any of the decorations....

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I don't think Ftse has taken much notice so far only put it up yesterday afternoon but I have put the little one up and it is on the buffet if was the big one on the floor I think it would be a different story.

B

Baxter Tiberius

Yesterday we put the tree up and baxter was hopping around in the branches with us, sniffing and helping us spread out all the little needles, etc. It was really cute. This of course was after 5 minutes of frantic barking as it was first being put up.

When I pulled out the garland however, he got pretty upset. Did not like that stuff one bit. Something about the way it moves or looks I guess. Maybe it reminds him of a snake-like animal.

Since its been up though he almost doesn't seem to notice it, even though it completely changes the feel of the entire room to me!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I put up the tree yesterday and I was surprised that Rocco wasn't more bothered by it then he was. He really just wanted nothing to do with it and walked past it as quickly as he could. I was scared he was going to try and chew on it or knock it down. So hopefully this continues lol

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
I was pleasantly surprised that June doesn't really care too much about it. She sniffed it a couple times, but otherwise leaves it alone. It'll be interesting to see if she keeps this up when there are boxes of presents under there...

Most Reactions