English bully is sick!!!

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
My bully has been vomiting on and off I did the whole 12hrs no feeding and then a little bit of rice he did ok hours later threw it up and bio after that, he's losing weight, losing hes appetite, red eyes, eye discharge, idk what's wrong with him he's never been this way I can't get him to a vet till tomorrow morning I am really worried for him anyone else experience this with their bully? Any suggestions on how to keep him hydrated since I am only giving him tablespoons of water he will throw up if he drinks too much worried bully mom!!!!:scared::scared::scared:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
how long has this been going on? Lola was once sick for about 24hours, vomiting, shaking with the chills, but I think that was a stomach bug. It's hard to tell by what you've written whether your bully has an obstruction from eating something he shouldnt, or whether he's sick with something else. HAs he been pooping normally? YOu could try ice cubes or chicken broth to keep him hydrated. little bits are ok. I like to give Lola water from the bathtub faucet using my hand and she will lap it up slowly.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
If he's losing weight we have a problem. Could be something serious, please get him to the vet soon,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm sorry that Bugzy isn't well. Do you think he ate something he shouldn't have? The ice cube suggestion is good--you could hold one to his mouth and hopefully he will lick on it. If he's in bad shape is there an emergency vet you can take him to tonight?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would also get to the vet, if losing weight... that is not a good sign. And, I agree with April Marie... try ice cubes tor broth to get him hydrated.

Please keep us posted... will keep you and Bugzy in my thoughts

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would get him to the vet ASAP, with a stomach bug, they usually don't loose weight. Hope it's not too serious and he gets better soon.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He's probably dehydrated and will need fluids, I would get him to the vet. If you have no emergency vet you can also try water from a syringe. Please keep us posted on your boy.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
As others have said I'd get to a vet quickly.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
If he's overly dehydrated you can tell by pinching his skin between his shoulders near the neck if the skin stays somewhat in the pinch position he very dehydrated.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Hopefully it is just upset because of something he shouldn't have eaten. When Mila gets sick we give her crushed ice. They seem to like it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.