growth rate of a eb

Hannibulls Dad

Nov 13, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hannibull
Hi everyone, Is there any good web pages out there on Growth of a EB. Hannibull is 4.5 mo old and around 35 lbs but his head is like a peanut. lol the breeder said he is fine that he is like a 5 yr old human. I may be pretentious but well i want a great looking dog, and he is. I am just wondering what to expect and when. When i got my Frenchie 13 yrs ago the breeder said the same and she topped out at 17lbs. hannies parents are great looking dogs. one day he looks long in the face and other days perfect. Just thought i would ask
here are some pics he has out grown the sweater I bought 3 weeks ago.
b
hannibulltg1.jpghannibulltg2.jpg

Last edited:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Not sure as every bully is different so there shouldn't be any growth chart
They grow the fastest at the teething stage
First they grow "up" then widen at around 2-3 years of age
Not sure by looking at the picture but your boy looks a bit on a bigger side -very round -but it might be his jumper (how much you are feeding him?)
Usually females have smaller heads than males but they should be proportionate

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I am given to understand that bullies don't stop growing till they are about 2-3 years old. They are all different. I wouldn't worry so much about looks as health. Weight management is important as well as feeding them a very nutritious food. If you have a healthy bully then it will look great! I wouldn't worry about proportionate right now because he is still a pup and will probably look awkward till he is about two when he matures. Hannibull looks like a handsome bully boy to me, get a pic from above him that is how you can tell. He should have a defined waste. Somewhere on here there is a chart.. [MENTION=9105]Pati Robins[/MENTION] you know which one I'm talking about?

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace is about 16 to 16 and a half inches, and he hasn't grown any taller in several months it seems. He is a year old. He is still filling out though but it is more gradual than it was a few months back. He weighs between 70 and 75 pounds

BulldogMoma

Apr 15, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Morgan (born 5-28-2013) Clyde (2004-2012)
Don't worry ~ their head is the last thing to grow :-). When Morgan was 4 months old we called him "our little tick". He is 6 months old now and his head is beginning to catch up with the rest of his body, but they do not fully mature until 2-3 years of age. One important note regarding neutering ~ our breeder recommends waiting until he 12-18 months old to allow the head and chest ample time to develop. Your bullie is adorable, by the way!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster weighed about the same at 4 months. He looks good to me in these pics you have here. I think you can tell how big they'll get by the parents. Like Patti said they are all different but the parents are a good indication. Like has been said too weight is important to keep an eye on, always easier to gain then to lose. Hannie is a good looking boy!

Bigd07

Jun 3, 2013
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Hunter
uploadfromtaptalk1385854459035.jpgi though my boy is small but everyone says hes a beast

Sent from my PantechP8000 using Tapatalk 2

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Rudy took almost 2 years for his head to fill in. At 2-1/4 years he is still growing. Mostly in the head and chest. Bones are getting bigger watch. Guess I need to post some new pics. It has been awhile.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online