Rescue

murdok

Nov 29, 2013
I will be rescuing soon my home Vite is this sat..any hints or help what I need to now about a new bulldog in home.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
When I adopted, they came to look over the house, check the backyard to see if I it was fenced and if the gates were securely locked. They asked a lot of questions, which I don't remember now. But, it was a painless procedure. It also helped that I already had a bully and a little mixed breed that they could see were well taken care of. Good Luck with your adoption.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would just be truthful and ask if you need to make any changes at all, as this will help them find the right bully for your home. Good luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good luck and keep us posted.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I suggest you go to Forums at the left of toolbar and read the many articles
on bulldogs as they cover all of your questions you've asked and more.

Bulldogs are very different than other breeds and not for everyone. There
is daily upkeep for a bulldog, special foods, they die easily if overheated and
can't tolerate cold either so, indoors all the time. They are dominate and many
do not get along with other dogs and some have strong prey drives so no cats.
They don't know their own strength and aren't rec'ced for small kids or frail
elderly. They are very needy dogs, make sure you understand their needs and
willing to spend LOTS of time with them.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Bulldogs are just awesome with super strong personalities, you'll love it:). Things I can think of that I need for my bulldogs that I didn't really need for other dogs are:

Cloths for cleaning their faces/folders and feet if they get wet. My Joey is very front heavy like most bulldogs so she gets stuff in between her toes all the time and also if her feet gets wet and I don't dry them she gets cysts:(, easy to fix with some epsom salt though so it's not so bad:).

Coconut oil, I use it on their noses if they get dry, but not every bully needs that and there are of course other stuff that also helps for dry noses.

Some bulldogs eat very fast and produces lots of gas in the process, lol, but there are special bowls for that if that's the case:) lets hope not:tongue:.

This forum is so great, I've learned so much reading stuff here and everyone is always so nice and helpful. I wish you all the best and it's really great that you're rescuing:heart:

Most Reactions