wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
bulldog puppies for sale today. The breeder we were working with hasn't contacted us to let us know if the breeding worked, we were suppose to know by turkey day. Anyways looked up another woman who has bulldog puppies at her home in my hometown of Seekonk, Ma so we are heading down there today. They have one male and two females left. I'm afraid my girlfriend is going to take one look at them and the deposit will be put down. They are four weeks old at this point. There are supposedly three generations of bullies at her home so I will get to see the parents or at least the father's side, as I think she has the male. I asked about the vet she uses and it's an old vet that I use to bring my cats too so at least I know they exist and I can easily check up on her. I asked about the contract, parent's health....anything else you guys can think of? I want to try, and I state TRY to keep this professional when I get there and ask the important questions and not completely fall in love with one of them right away hahaha

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Good luck with that! Once you see them you will be in love for sure! I would just make sure you write down all the questions you can think of before hand cuz once you are there you will forget. Maybe ask what food she feeds so you can be prepared for their arrival. The health guarantee, what it covers specifically. I am not good at thinking of this stuff but you will get better answers I am sure.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I would also ask what age she lets them leave at? We got Gertie at not quite 6 weeks old and I was soooo thrilled to be able to bring her home so young. But then Ida is the same age as Gertie, but she was nearly 12 weeks old when we brought her home, and what a difference! From what I've been told, all the issues we had with Gertie early on were because she was taken away from her mother and litter-mates too young. Boy, if you can go and not fall in love with all three, I'll be shocked!! Take pics, we'll help you decide which one you need :p. How fun!!

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Good luck.....your girlfriend will probably not be the only one to fall in love at 1st sight :luv:. Hard to NOT fall in love with them once you see them. Good luck and let us know how it goes and if you get pictures, please share!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I may have read it wrong..but you said you think she has the male? I'm hoping if she has the puppies..then she has the mommy too. I would ask about shots and de-worming. Make sure you get to see the interaction of the pups with the mom and littermates. How are they progressing with potty training? Definately make sure you look beyond the cuteness. Check for skiddishness and alertness. Maybe even get references...and good thinking about the Dr. Where were they born? If its the same office...check it out. That's all I can think about. Yes! get photos.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
If they are AKC they should have papers..... make sure you get them and not a promise of getting them later.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
I may have read it wrong..but you said you think she has the male? I'm hoping if she has the puppies..then she has the mommy too. I would ask about shots and de-worming. Make sure you get to see the interaction of the pups with the mom and littermates. How are they progressing with potty training? Definately make sure you look beyond the cuteness. Check for skiddishness and alertness. Maybe even get references...and good thinking about the Dr. Where were they born? If its the same office...check it out. That's all I can think about. Yes! get photos.

the first house we went to had the mom and puppies(11 weeks old) and also 10month old bully male...she wasn't keen on letting us purchase the puppy or the 10 month old as me and my girlfriend work daily 9-5..so on the the next breeder...had one male and two female puppies left...mother of puppies on site, grandmother on site and also sister of mother on site....mother of puppies was extremely friendly and not skiddish at all...looked healthy, no cherry eye, or signs of alergies etc..puppies are 4 weeks old right now and wont be released till 8 weeks old...will have de-worming and a few other shots before they can be released...all littermates seemed to get along well with no fighting or biting, and they were started to be transitioned to water today. got the name of the vet she uses and the vet is someone that I use to go to with my other animals so I am very familiar and will be taking an in person trip to the vet. met the grandmother and also the sister and both of those animals were extremely friendly and were not skiddish at all. unfortunately could not get photos as i didn't even think about it when i was there. Breeder showed us the AKC paperwork for mother and also father. said she would be registering the litter and we would have paperwork if we decided to buy the dog. now it's just up to me and my girlfriend to decide what we want to do....hmmmmmmm

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Everything sounds good. All the research will pay off!! I guess the hardest part is going to be deciding which puppy to get!

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
my husband and I both work all day, but we did get Chester when my daughters were going to be on vacation the following week.. I was going to take the next week as vacation and my husband the week after. But, by the 4th week he did have to go in his pen. We had my mother in law and neighbor come over and let him out for a bit. And I changed my hours around so that by the time I am the last to leave and my husband gets home - he is in his pen for 6 hours. What's funny is on the weekends and/or days off.. Chester is BEAT by about 6pm (like he is sound asleep right now). When he's been in his pen those 6 hours during the day..he's a pistol until around 9pm :lol:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well it sounds like you have all the info you need. Now for the decision! Let us know what you decide on and we want pics for sure!!!!

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
luckily we both work in the city where we live and have jobs that allow us to be out and about and not tied to a desk or building...so most days i will let him out to go the bathroom right before we leave at 9 and then on my lunch hour at noon i would come home and then try again about 230-3 to let him out before i go to school. my girlfriend is usually home from work about 5-530ish everyday and i am home from school at 730. So i can see this working. I am also going to take a week out of work when we get him in order to try and get a little routine and work on crate and potty training.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I love to see how much you are researching and planning the arrival. Very impressive. So many people buy pets in a spur of the moment decision and not think it through clearly. Then they sell them rehome them later.... makes me sad.

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] yea we are trying to do as much research to help us make sure we do the right thing. It's good for the dog and also good for my wallet. Luckily I have found this website as it has helped me ten fold!!

📰 Latest posts

Members online