Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thanks pati & carol.. Poor baby's are just knackered :(

You're welcome, Hun :) Don't be afraid to withhold his food, resting his tummy
will help him, maybe 6-8 hrs if seems really hungry, they can go long periods w/out
eating, it hurts US more than them. It gives his body needed energy to focus on
healing instead of digesting...it's a good thang to do, no worries! And Slippery Elm
will coat & sooth his throat & chest too, making him feel better. If it continues, do
call the Vet as he might not tolerate that particular antibiotic well and needs a
different one~it happens! Try to rest too, Honey~GOD bless!

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco

You're welcome, Hun :) Don't be afraid to withhold his food, resting his tummy
will help him, maybe 6-8 hrs if seems really hungry, they can go long periods w/out
eating, it hurts US more than them. It gives his body needed energy to focus on
healing instead of digesting...it's a good thang to do, no worries! And Slippery Elm
will coat & sooth his throat & chest too, making him feel better. If it continues, do
call the Vet as he might not tolerate that particular antibiotic well and needs a
different one~it happens! Try to rest too, Honey~GOD bless!

Thanks carol. It's exhausting worrying about them. Av just been diagnosed with epilepsy last week and when I'm tired it tents to get worse when I'm tiered so my partner is taking over night shift tonight ha :) x

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I know how you feeling xxx its horrible watching them being poorly xxx please keep us updated xx

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks carol. It's exhausting worrying about them. Av just been diagnosed with epilepsy last week and when I'm tired it tents to get worse when I'm tiered so my partner is taking over night shift tonight ha :) x

I'm very sorry to hear of that dx, just heard a report last week on how new
meds were very effective, I'll try to recall. All the MORE reason to be stressfree
and trust in your instinct & that you are a great bully Mom :) Give your partner
big kisses & hugs, what a luv!

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Sorry to hear this. I know this has to be hard on you. You are doing a great job taking care of them!

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
I'm very sorry to hear of that dx, just heard a report last week on how new
meds were very effective, I'll try to recall. All the MORE reason to be stressfree
and trust in your instinct & that you are a great bully Mom :) Give your partner
big kisses & hugs, what a luv!

Yeah :). He's great my real life hero he's helped me thro so much been with him since a was 13 and were 22 now so he's my childhood sweet heart. The problem there having is they don't no what type of epilepsy av got so got to have a few more tests. In sure coco am can spence when ones about to happen she gets really clingy and sits and just cry's bless her..
I will say this tho no matter how much of a bad day I have my doggys always manage to cheer me up xx

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Sorry to hear this. I know this has to be hard on you. You are doing a great job taking care of them!

Thanks Hun.
Sometimes it feels like the worlds against me when it comes to coco she ha been poorly really with her breathing and things since we got her. Coco will pick any thing up. The vet said yesterday she's just gonna be one of those dogs that has a lot of problems. A feel like we're doing something bad but I no we're not. X

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
So it's 12.52. We came to bed about 9 and since then meaty has had diarehia in his cage and been out 2 times. It's literally coming out like am turning a tap on the vet said to stop antibiotics and no food for 12 hours. Av never had to do it b4 but a will to make him better. Poor baby. Am thinking about sleeping on the sofa with Him then it's easer to get to the yard. My chap was gonna take over tonight but he's came home from work ill. Arrrrrr bugs and germs flying everywhere. On a brighter note coco seems to be picking up she's been back to her old tricks today lol x

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Had to come down stairs poor baby couldn't last from getting up stairs down x

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Aww poor Meaty , i was hoping to see sone positive news ;-(

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So it's 12.52. We came to bed about 9 and since then meaty has had diarehia in his cage and been out 2 times. It's literally coming out like am turning a tap on the vet said to stop antibiotics and no food for 12 hours. Av never had to do it b4 but a will to make him better. Poor baby. Am thinking about sleeping on the sofa with Him then it's easer to get to the yard. My chap was gonna take over tonight but he's came home from work ill. Arrrrrr bugs and germs flying everywhere. On a brighter note coco seems to be picking up she's been back to her old tricks today lol x

Do not be worried about holding food back, his biggest problem right now is stopping
that runny poo, is the Vet not concerned about dehydration yet or advised any meds
for controlling it? Bev
@Twice
put an article (under Forums) about safe meds for our
bullies you might check out, I think Pedialyte can be given to replenish electrolytes &
liquid balance but check for sure & correct dosage. Poor 'lil Meaty :(

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Okay, I'm hoping Meaty's diarrhea was caused by milk, stop giving milk to
either of them. Next, did Vet say why he gave an antibiotic to Meaty?
In addition to plenty of fresh water out, keep another bowl of 1/2 water
and 1/2 chicken broth. If his gums are sticky or dry, he's getting deyhrated.
You can give him Kaopectate 1-2 tsp per every 10 lbs every 4-6 hrs, get a
large syringe w/no needle to squirt down his throat. After 24 hrs of no food,
give small amts like 1/2 cup of boiled chicken/rice for next several days and
put 1 TSP plain, unflavored greek yogurt on top (a probiotic to help his tummy).
If poo firms up keep on bland diet for about 3 days longer than small amts of
regular kibble...What kibble is he on?

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi carol. Meaty was on the antibiotics as he has a chest infection. Sounds clear now tho. The vet said cause he's drinking he's not too concerned the minute he stops we have to call him. The puppy milk was just from the store at that time it was just to bribe them to drink but they we're dining water after that so that's fine.. He said there's a paste we can try pro kolan but he wouldn't need that as he's nill by mouth for 12 hours.. Av now been a full 24 hours with out sleep am ready for cracking xy

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.