Meatys ruttley :(.

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi all just after some advice. Meaty was snoring last nigh but it sounded like he had flu. :(. This morning he's so ruttley. Like he needs a massive cough ?? Any ideas ?? Xx

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Give him a squirt of lemon juice... Sounds like phlegm build up

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope nothings wrong with Meaty. Buster snores like that every once in a while especially when he's really tired.

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Well the lemon juice didn't work a think a trip to the vets might be in order.. A realy
Want to avoid the vets, it does sound like a general cold
When he's asleep here it's sounding a little bit deeper but not a lot then he will have moments
When he
Will sound like he needs a good cough..
A suppose it's only been just short of two days. Any advice on how to treat a general cold then if he's no better over the weekend al take him. He didn't drink his water this morning so u put sum puppy milk down and it went with in seconds. Al also make up some boiled chicken and chicken broth to make him warmer inside lol bless hope he picks up soon

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well the lemon juice didn't work a think a trip to the vets might be in order.. A realy
Want to avoid the vets, it does sound like a general cold
When he's asleep here it's sounding a little bit deeper but not a lot then he will have moments
When he
Will sound like he needs a good cough..
A suppose it's only been just short of two days. Any advice on how to treat a general cold then if he's no better over the weekend al take him. He didn't drink his water this morning so u put sum puppy milk down and it went with in seconds. Al also make up some boiled chicken and chicken broth to make him warmer inside lol bless hope he picks up soon

Poor pup.... I would take him to the vet to make sure it is just a cold, do not want it getting any worse hoep he is better soon

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I would see the vet just in case. A cough with these guys can turn into something else really quick.

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
So we took meaty to the vets and he has a little but of fluid on his chest. So they have give him a weeks antibiotics. He's still eating and drinking but he's got terrible diarhea it's literally just squirting out of him (sorry) do you think it's down to the medication, am thinking of putting him on boiled rice chicken and pasta today to help ease his wee stomach what you guys think x

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I just saw your thread -so sorry Meaty is feeling poorly
It could be down to meds or something seasonal ,Lily just had her runny poo and i cant find the cause of it-lasted 5 days ,i put her on a bland diet -so far 3 days of normal poop
Hope Meaty feels better soon xx

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
How long and how much should I be giveing him on bland diet tho a worry incase I don't feed him enough on bland diet xxx

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
I was feeding until Lilys poos became firmer (started slowly day after just to make sure xx)

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
So it's 5.30am in the uk and this is the 5th time av been up with meaty. Poor thing has real bad diarrhoea am 99.9% sure it's off the antibiotics..

Gonna try giving more bland and hopefully that will help am not worried yet tho he's still saying and drinking plenty.

Then coco was at the vet last night too. She has a bad ear infection infected nose wrinkle and a chest infection. My poor baby's it kills me not being able to help them. I can't believe how fast cocos infections came on. A clean wrinkles and ears every day with just clean water. Poor baby's. X

Pati Robins

Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Aww poor babies xx
Keen an eye on them but if you are really worried give the vets a ring hun they might be able to advise you over the phone xxxx

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Grain free kibble cuts back on ear infections, skin problems, etc by NOT causing
inflammation like wheat, corn, soy & oats cause. Also, if sounding congested or
rattling, avoid giving milk, it creates mucous, a broth is better. If Meaty is having
squirty poops, rest his tummy by no food for 12 hours then boiled chicken OR boiled
& drained hamburger & plain white rice, about a cup (do not overfeed) 2 x daily.
You can add a tsp of canned, pure pumpkin (not the pie mix) on top as it helps firm
the poo. Slippery Elm is an herb that does wonders at healing gut inflammation and
helps greatly w/nausea and diarrhea, you can find at health food store or order off
Amazon~great for humans too, keep on hand, it comes in a powder, very safe too :)
Are you giving the antibiotic w/food? Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Forget to add, try cleaning their ears, tails & wrinkles with a mixture of vinegar
& water, paws too if needed. About 1/3 cup vinegar & 2/3 cup water.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online