Goodluck Piggy

arimaeis

Aug 14, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ms. Piggy
I gave a piece of my heart to English Bulldog Rescue of Georgia today. I surrendered Piggy.

For what little time I was able to keep her she made me laugh daily. She gave as much love as any dog ever could. She greeted me every morning with a flying leap onto the bed. Today was no exception. In fact today was a little different she flew on to the bed and with so much loving insanity covered me with kisses, rooted around the bed and rolled all over me. I think she knew I was upset and was doing her damnedest to fix it. It gave me one last happy memory of the short time I had her.

She's in good hands. She will find people that love her. And hopefully her new people will find me and tell me she is loved and happy.

So many painful changes have occurred in less than a month for me. My marriage has fallen apart. I've gone from having a husband and three loving dogs to just me and Gabe my mastiff mix. I could manage him, our other mastiff Bella went with my ex. I've moved and living alone for the first time in my life.

I'm hoping that suffering through this last great sacrifice and surrendering my happy, funny Piggy will be the last for now. It's time to grieve and heal.

Thank you all for being so supportive and helpful. Please hug your bullies for me today. I'll be around from time to time in hopes of hearing about Piggy and to read about all of your bullies.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Again I told you once before I have been exactly where you are 14 years ago, even having to re-home my 2 dogs. I am sitting here crying for you, and with you. I am sorry for what you are going through personally and having to give up Ms. Piggy. I know you have heard it many times... but I can promise you things will get better. I once seen no light at the end of the tunnel, and now my life is filled with rainbows. Peace be with you.
Kelly

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
We will miss you and Piggy, and hopefully Piggy will still be where you can see her. I hope someday soon everything becomes easier for you, I cannot imagine what you are going through emotionally. I will try to keep in touch if I hear any Piggy news, I will message you.
(hug)

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I am so sorry for all your pain and misery. I went thru a very ugly divorce back in the 80's, so I know how you feel. But I had a house full of little kids and I didn't (wouldn't) give them up. Like Kelly said, this will end and your life will become better. Piggy is lucky to have you, even for a short time. You saved her from a horrible situation. We will miss you and Piggy. God bless you both.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Oh my..I am so very, very sorry. I can't imagine having to do that, and Lord willing and God's blessing I will never have to. But many prayers for you and what is an obviously difficult time for you, :pray: hopefully there is only a smooth road ahead! :yes:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am so sad to read this, brings tears to my eyes also. Piggy was such a sweetheart and sooooo loved by you. You did the best you could and I am proud of you for saving her and for knowing when it was time to let her go to another happy place. This too shall pass as my mama always says and somehow she is right, even tho at the time it doesnt feel like it. Hugs to you! It can and will get better.(hug)

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
I am so very sorry to hear this....Tears fill my eyes as I think of what you are going through. You gave Ms. Piggy life, and showed her what love was all about. My heart truely goes out to both of you. Please keep in touch.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I, too...like all your friends here at EBN am sad to hear this news. You have a heart of gold...you saved her when she needed saving. You gave her the best "temporary home". You were her savior...she was walking the streets all alone and you found her. Then you saved her AGAIN. You have nothing..absolutely NOTHING to feel guilty about. If only there were more people out there like you. The fact that you are having to rehome her.......you've done the right thing. You surrendered her to the right people and she will be loved by a family who have been waiting for Miss Piggy. I'm heartbroken for you.....I admire you....and I think of you often. You have a very unique story to tell. How you fell in love with a Piggy....it's amazing. And admirable. And heartwarming.

Members online

No members online now.