JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Anyone that reads what I post Ellie's leg had been hurt a few weeks back and she was limping. Well, today she won't walk on it at all, she is trembling. So, we are at the vet and they just told me she has a little bit of a temperature :( I'm supposed to leave on mo day for New Orleans.... To say the least I'm a little stressed and heartbroken.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor girl, hope it's nothing serious. Keep us posted.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Why does life do this...not fair :hissy::hissy::hissy: throwing a hissy fit
for you, just so sorry, Hun. Starting immediate prayers over Ellie
and over your trip. Let us know her dx and how she is~Big Hugs!!!

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Long story short Ellie's right hip and knee are bad and possibly her ACL. She needs both fixed. I'm going tomorrow to get another opinion. But am looking at close to $4000 for the procedures she needs. Not for sure if I can do this right now. It may have to wait until March. I would take her and have whatever she needs done tomorrow if I could. Not gonna lie i already have tears thinking she will have to be in pain this long.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Surgeon came in and said that hip is bad but knee is worse. He said if we do anything to do her knee first $2000 and see how that goes may remedy some of the hip problem

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Surgeon came in and said that hip is bad but knee is worse. He said if we do anything to do her knee first $2000 and see how that goes may remedy some of the hip problem

so sorry, I was so hoping and praying she would be OK with some rest.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
One of Ellie's x rays - trying to make myself feel better my thought was " I bet she could win the turkey leg contest with this
uqu7anys.jpg

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
And the stink eye I got when she came back from x rays
rezaqu6e.jpg

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
The surgeon said that he always suggests to try rest first and see what improvement does happen. Said he gave her enough pain and inflammation medicine to last until after my trip. Then go to my regular vet and have them call for the x rays and tell them I just want more medicine to keep her rested for the next month.

Just and FYI for the situation I went to the doggie cancer clinic that helped me with Jagger. They said I could come there anytime I couldn't get into my regular vet. So, I did. My vet is closed today. That place is so kind and helpful.

Told me to keep Ellie on leash all the time right now. And no running, jumping or rough housing and she has to be kenneled so she will lay down and rest :(Said the pain medicine should help keep her calm. I feel so bad her face is so pitiful.

I am most definitely trying the rest and medicine first then will look into surgery options.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I feel good leaving this place. They always are so kind to me and the fur babies. And encourage you in what choices you are making.
Reading her assessment make me feel like she cared
jumevupu.jpg

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Sorry to hear about the possible surgery. Maybe try giving her some joint meds. I give Raven Cosequin DS after she slipped on the stairs and had hurt her leg. No more limping and I figure it will help her as she gets older.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
She is taking a high dose glucosamine right now. And the vet advised Prevacid to protect her tummy.

bubs0604

Sep 9, 2012
fairfield ca
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Armstrong
I totally understand what you are going through with needing to get Ellie surgery and you can't right now. You and Ellie are in my prayers and things will get better!! Hang in there. :assurred:

Most Reactions