Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Praying for that precious girl!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh poor ellie. I hope she is better with rest and meds. We are sending our love and prayers.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Last night for Ellie was good no major issues or anything. This morning she did not want to get up. I had to bribe her with a treat. She was very stiff and slow. But once she got up, she did well and went outside to potty. This morning once she got going she was putting a little weight I. Her let. I gave her all her medicine and then she didn't want to eat. So, again I bribed her, this time with yogurt and pumpkin. Then I sat for 20 minutes and hand fed her about a cup or so of food.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh I'm so very sorry to read about your poor Ellie… I hope that she starts to feeling better soon, and that the meds will work. Sending hugs & prayers to you guys… :hug:

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sending love and prayers for that pretty girl, Sheldon send big slobbery puppy kisses

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
My husband took Ellie to see Dr. Fugett while I took Cate and Jagger to dance class.

He says he totally agrees with the other vet about the x rays. But is not as quick to suggest surgery. He feels she just needs time and rest. He says he patella does move a lot. But with bullies that is part of how their legs are. Especially ones build like Ellie with big, meaty bowed legs and extremely active. Said really just work with her on being calm. And should be ok. Said long term she will eventually need the surgery. Said now that I'm aware of the issue I can make sure she has limited activities. And she should heal well.

When my husband took her in today she was bearing a lot more weight on her leg and just moving better. She is still limping.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm happy to hear she is feeling a little better so soon. Good news about the surgery also. Maybe this will give you some time to save for when it becomes an issue. Brutus and I are still sending lots of hugs and prayers for Ellie to continue to heal. I love that you say Cate and Jagger are at dance class!! So funny.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Ellie still noticeably limps bit nothing near what it was. And she is no longer trembling. We are hoping not to have to do the surgery. I would hate to put her through that. But will do what I have to for her. My husband went and bought her the biggest kennel he could find. It's large enough for like 3 bullies. It has a comforter folded in one end with toys and new food and water bowls big enough for a cow!!! He said she needed something bigger since she was going to have to be in it more now and she needed new bowls that were bigger since it's hard for her cause her face is flat and her head so big. She likes it she will just go in. We don't have to make her. His only frustration is that she will not go potty if he takes her on her leash. I don't know what it is. He is always so good with her and gentle and kind. But she does not have the same connection with him. And it drives the poor man insane.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ellie still noticeably limps bit nothing near what it was. And she is no longer trembling. We are hoping not to have to do the surgery. I would hate to put her through that. But will do what I have to for her. My husband went and bought her the biggest kennel he could find. It's large enough for like 3 bullies. It has a comforter folded in one end with toys and new food and water bowls big enough for a cow!!! He said she needed something bigger since she was going to have to be in it more now and she needed new bowls that were bigger since it's hard for her cause her face is flat and her head so big. She likes it she will just go in. We don't have to make her. His only frustration is that she will not go potty if he takes her on her leash. I don't know what it is. He is always so good with her and gentle and kind. But she does not have the same connection with him. And it drives the poor man insane.

What a great bully Dad..... the leash thing, well, it is just waiting her out. She will eventually go, it will just take time. My sister has a Pug and he did the same thing with her one daughter. He would not go at all with Katie... Shannon would go out hold the leash and he did his thing. it took weeks of Katie taking Pugsley on walks before he finally started doing his business for her

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Good to hear that Ellie is doing a little better. Hope the improvement continues, and sounds like she is in very good hands, for the best chance!

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
He is such a good bully daddy

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!