Pepper Update

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
So, Pep was NOT in heat. She went into surgery about 12:30pm yesterday and came out of it beautifully. She has an itty bitty incision and she keeps looking at me with this "Why did you let them cut my belly?!" expression.

She was also microchipped and given another vax set. So, my baby is all good. I'm so happy. She's resting at my feet right now, acting like nothing happened. We're being nice and chill today...especially since the humans all have colds and its effing FREEZING outside.

She's had a little vomiting this morning, but she ate too fast so we're not worried. Poor kid.

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts for my girl. We really appreciate it!:luv:

Last edited:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Great news! Thank you for letting us know~GOD bless!

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
So glad to hear this! June has her spay on Dec. 6 so it's reassuring hearing that Pepper did so well. :)

PS It IS freaking cold! And rainy here too! ICK

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm glad that Pepper is doing so well… give her plenty of hugs & kisses from me & Winston!!! :blowkiss:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy to hear that Pepper is doing well! Maude was spayed in Oct. and came home like nothing ever happened! Never did notice that she had anything done! The great thing about Bullies is they can't even get to the incision to lick! Makes things easier!! I was worried that the OTHERS would be licking it, as they are always grooming each other-but they didn't bother it.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is GREAT news!! So happy everything went well and she;ll be back to normal in no time! :yes:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy she is doing well and everything went as planned. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great update... so happy she is home and doing well and helping you stay warm.

:hug:

OP
clightfoot

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
Pepper has developed a little lump beside her incision. It's hard, not draining, and doesn't seem painful. No redness either. It's been a long time since I had a female animal but it could just be a minor suture material reaction right? At what point do I panic?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm glad she did well with her surgery. I think you should panic if there is any redness/heat at the site or if you see any discharge. I would probably just give the vet a call and let him know what you see.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online