Dexter is getting a little sister! Advice?

MommaLovesDEXTER

Jan 3, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
romona.jpgHey EB family! You guys were not kidding when you said bulldogs are like patato chips, you can never have just one. :) She is coming home 12/21 we are so excited but at the same time worry about how Dexter might react. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Dexter (17 month old) has been a spoil baby even sleep with my husband and i. We tryed going to bully meetup but he got defensive when we try saying hello to other dogs. Thanks in advance!

FYI: We named her Ramona <3

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well just take it slow when introducing them, he will be jealous at first, but will warm up to her soon enough. I would let them meet outside and then bring her in, just watch him so he won't get too rough, especially when they want to play.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber was about the same age when we introducted Ruby this year. We never left them alone until they got use to each other and Ruby kind of set the stage from the start. She would bark and go after Amber in a playful manner and it didn't take long before we knew they would be ok. I still don't leave the two of them alone unattended; Amber has run of the house and Ruby is in a crate/pen when we are at work. That is for two reasons: first for their safety to make sure they don't fight with no one around, and second for my sanity because the two of them can get into a bunch of trouble. Now, I let them be as rough as they want but in the beginning we made sure Amber wasn't too rough with Ruby. The onl ytime I have trouble now is if they eat too close together, then they will fight. Good luck!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Goodness gracious, Ramona is adorable :luv: Hopefully Dexter will fall in love w/his little sister...

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Soooo jealous. Ramona is a adorable. I hope all goes well between her and Dexter...he's still fairly young!

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Oh !!!! she is so adorable, congratulations, double trouble coming up, I am sure after awhile Dexter will love her. :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
What a precious baby girl!! I have no advice since Vegas only has a cat brother, but I can tell you I am JEALOUS!!!!

bubs0604

Sep 9, 2012
fairfield ca
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Armstrong
She is adorable and Dexter is so handsome! Take it slow but they are in a loving home so I am sure all will go well. What a great Christmas present! Good luck!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm sorry, but once I viewed Ramona, all advice left my head
as I enlarged her pic and became a drooling Bobble Head figure.

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Lasagna Lopez, Maximus Meatball Meridius
Take it slow! Dexter is young enough were it should be an easy transition. Congrats on the adorabull bullies!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh my... How adorable is she!! Being a puppy, he should be ok with her, but once she has all her shots... Walks together to he them pack up and know you are the leader.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.