JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Dr. Fugett called today. ( I love this man, he has been a life saver dealing with Jaggger). First thing he says is "He's allergic to everything". What???? Said Jagger's blood tests had severe reactions to :
Chicken - pork - peas - grass

And minor reaction to:
Dust - dander

He said so "basically he's allergic to everything including himself."

I asked about scraping for testing other things. He said he could but he feels it would be a waste of my money. That Jagger has severe allergies and that knowing this they are very confident starting shots will help him. And to for sure keep him on the vegetarian diet.

I asked about side effects and long term effects on Jagger. He told me that it's actually better to do the shots and stop the temaril p.

So we start shots when I come back from New Orleans. I go in Friday to discuss how much it will all cost and a schedule so that I can have the viles shipped and do the shots at home instead of going to the office all the time.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Eek. Have you thought of going to either the homecooked or raw route? At least that way you can control what meat he'll eat.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I have to admit, I giggled when I read this part ha!

Poor guy! I hope he starts feeling better here soon! Hugs & prayers to you and him both!

Dr. Fugett is great. He himself has a bulldog Petey. So, he understands all the stuff we go through having to take care of a bulldog.

Last edited:
OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Eek. Have you thought of going to either the homecooked or raw route? At least that way you can control what meat he'll eat.

In the beginning before I found his veggie food we were doing home cooked. He liked it and ate well. But he eats so much better when he has kibble.

Ellie doesn't have allergies anything like Jagger so she eats the veggie kibble also. If I try to give him something else he won't eat. He demands kibble, like what she has. He will actually dump his bowl over. He's rotten.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Just curious if you looked into cyclosporine for Jagger? I use it on my bully with severe allergies and it has been a real lifesaver for us.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh boy… well at least you know. I need to do the testing w/Winston, I'm tired of this guessing game!!!

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Just curious if you looked into cyclosporine for Jagger? I use it on my bully with severe allergies and it has been a real lifesaver for us.

I have not, thank you

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Oh boy… well at least you know. I need to do the testing w/Winston, I'm tired of this guessing game!!!

Yes, it seemed like an endless task for me. I just broke down and paid for it. His allergies are so bed his hair will actually fall out and his eyes will swell. And God forbid he should eat something that doesn't agree with him. He will hack phlegm and has explosive diarrhea that he cannot control.

OP
JennyeStear

JennyeStear

Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
That's awesome that your vet understands bulldogs so well (and owns one to boot!)!

Yes, it took a lot of searching and going through vets that did not really understand the breed to find him. He LOVES bullies and is very helpful.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I hope the poor baby is on his way to getting some relief. He's so cute!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh poor Jagger. Well at least you know now and can treat him. Give him kisses from me and paw bumps from Brutus.

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
AWWWW poor guy.I think am gonna have Stinky tested too. He goes to the vets tomorrow for his check up. Thought I would mention it to Dr Rojas

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow... He has quite the list... Good luck with the shots, we did them for a few years too for Nitschke.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.