Any Suggestions? Fiona is smelling bad!

Fionasmom

Mar 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona Faith Marie
Fiona is now 19 months old now. I haven't changed anything with her diet. She went to the groomers and they even did her anal glands. She smelled great for the day. But the next day, the strong smell came again. I remember that my beloved Sheldon smelled the same way. I brought him to the vet and the vet told me some bullies smell and some don't. I was so happy that Fiona didn't have the same strong smell, but last week the smell developed. Each night I clean her teeth, ears, and her folds. Any suggestions? Thank you!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
What is she eating...? No dog has to smell, most of the time the food just doesn't agree with the dog. Even if it's a good quality food it can be wrong.

OP
Fionasmom

Fionasmom

Mar 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona Faith Marie
She's eating Natural Balance: Sweet Potato and Venison Dry Dog food. In the morning I cook an egg white and mix it in. Every third day, I cook the entire egg and mix it into her dry food, And her dinner I mix a tablespoon of greek yogurt into it. I have been doing this since I got her at 6 months. Do you think its from her food? What do you suggest I change her too? She is such a particular eater. Thats why I have to mix things into it.[h=1][/h]

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Does she have a tail pocket? Sometimes they can get rather nasty. You will have to take a rag and go deep under the tail to see if there is a tail pocket and if it is nasty when you take the rag out you will see the goo from under the tail pocket. My girls get their tail pockets cleaned 2-3 times a week; both have a tight tail pocket so I keep up on them. Also, is it possible the scent gland still needs to be expressed, Amber has had this a couple of times right back to back last year and once it was expressed and her diet was balanced I didn't have the smell any more. Now, neither of mine have a smell and only get a bath once in a while but I do spruce them up with lavender water once a week just to keep them fresh smelling. What I have learned over the past two years is, the more carbohydrates they have, the more yeast they produce which leads to a smelly bully. My girls have limited carbohydrates and we have limited or rare issues with smelly bullies. Good luck!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I was also thinking tail pocket if not the food

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's what I was thinking too, tail pocket, of food.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
We use the super deoderizing puppy wipes between baths to help with the bully smell.... and on occasion i may have also given him a spritz of my vanilla body spray but shhhhhh don't tell him it's for girls! ;)

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
yeast mix 2cups vinegar and 1 cup of peroxide and clean her feet with the solution for a week, should take care of the problem

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.