zansville

zansville

Sep 20, 2013
Norwalk, CT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Molly
Thank you everyone for your kind wishes and advice. I just got back from getting a second opinion (with a third vet consulting), and they're doing a barium series as we speak. None of the doctors' have a definitive diagnosis, but hopefully this will give us some clarity as to what is going on with poor Bailey. I just looked up the process of doing a barium series, and found out that it involves putting a tube down his throat into his tummy, so now I'm completely freaking out because I know it's going to be painful and scary for Bailey. They're going to call me in four hours with an update.

The vet said that he sees a lot of sick bullies from these treats that involve random cow parts that someone decided to package up and sell to make a buck. He sees a lot of digs who've gotten sick from bully sticks in particular, which are apparently cow penises. Davidh, you are absolutely right! No more treats for them that are made from anything that I wouldn't consider eating myself!

Natsue23

Nov 20, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pete
The only thing I can think of is pancreatitis, but usually that becomes very serious quickly so the vet would be able to find out. I hope he is feeling better soon! You also might want to get a second opinion from a different vet. That's unusual they didn't find anything wrong.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Checking in for update and so thankful you did :)

Continuing prayers over y'all & Bailey~GOD bless!

OP
zansville

zansville

Sep 20, 2013
Norwalk, CT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Molly
Thank you Texas Carol! I truly appreciate your thoughts and prayers. My husband just read through everyone's posts and was also very touched. Everyone here has been wonderful!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm sure they will put him under anesthesia for tubing so he won't feel a thing. Hopefully he gets better soon, hang in there!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank you everyone for your kind wishes and advice. I just got back from getting a second opinion (with a third vet consulting), and they're doing a barium series as we speak. None of the doctors' have a definitive diagnosis, but hopefully this will give us some clarity as to what is going on with poor Bailey. I just looked up the process of doing a barium series, and found out that it involves putting a tube down his throat into his tummy, so now I'm completely freaking out because I know it's going to be painful and scary for Bailey. They're going to call me in four hours with an update.

The vet said that he sees a lot of sick bullies from these treats that involve random cow parts that someone decided to package up and sell to make a buck. He sees a lot of digs who've gotten sick from bully sticks in particular, which are apparently cow penises. Davidh, you are absolutely right! No more treats for them that are made from anything that I wouldn't consider eating myself!
My Bella almost choked to death on a rawhide, it's really sad how many things they sell as dog "treats"
I was just checking to see how Bailey is doing, hopefully they will find out something soon. Sending hugs & prayers… keep us posted!!! :pray:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Exhale mama, what turns up will be better than not knowing or worse yet imagining . The good group at EBN has you in their hearts. Everything's gonna be ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
zansville

zansville

Sep 20, 2013
Norwalk, CT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey & Molly
Well, we just brought Bailey home from the vet. The barium series didn't show any issues - the barium went through him without any issues. The doctor has decided it's a severe case of hemorrhagic gastroenteritis, and has given us metronidazole to treat him. And he's going on a boiled hamburger & rice diet. We're going to give him a small meal tonight, and I'm praying he'll be able to keep it down. Fingers crossed - will let everyone know how things work out. Again, thank you so much for all of your kindness!

Bailey's very tired after his eventful day.... bailey.jpg

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Poor baby... He looks so over it all. Lots of love and good vibes your way that all goes smoothly tonight and Bailey gets well soon

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Aww poor Bailey! Well I'm glad it's not an obstruction, but I hope he feels better soon! Keep us posted on how he's doing...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Here's hoping that the medicine will do it's job and your boy will be feeling much better real soon!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So glad its not an obstruction, :whew: that is really lucky. What blood tests have they done? I sure hope the medicine works, please let us know how he's doing. He looks pooped but he's so adorable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, we just brought Bailey home from the vet. The barium series didn't show any issues - the barium went through him without any issues. The doctor has decided it's a severe case of hemorrhagic gastroenteritis, and has given us metronidazole to treat him. And he's going on a boiled hamburger & rice diet. We're going to give him a small meal tonight, and I'm praying he'll be able to keep it down. Fingers crossed - will let everyone know how things work out. Again, thank you so much for all of your kindness!

Bailey's very tired after his eventful day....View attachment 60919

Thank goodness.... So happy it is not an obstruction ... Big bully hugs to you and Bailey,,

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Poor Bailey...sending prayers and love I'd also take a sample of his poo to be tested also of you haven't all ready. Guardia is a nasty thing. Lots of love to little Bailey who by the way is absolutely adorable!!!

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.