RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I posted a while ago that I maybe getting another bully baby. I had to make the hard rational desicion that I will not get another baby at this moment. Everything else is just great, but Voitto is too young and we have too much to do with our new house for to have another baby in the house. And believe it or not, it's heartbraking. It's like having to give up something that I allready had and loved...and I even haven't seen him yet, but in the pics. He would of been perfect! 553694_10201753650794987_549490524_n.jpgCommon sense sucks!

Last edited:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I'm sorry but I do know what you are going through. As much as I want another one, common sense wears me down every time I think of adding. Sucks being an adult.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
:tissue: :hug2::hug2::hug2:You know we all understand so well.

Was just reflecting this am on the difficulty of responsibility at times.

My thoughts & prayers are with you, maybe later on? GOD bless!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
My husband and I also made this hard decision. We very recently learned of a beautiful bully available, but we really thought about it and decided that Brutus is too young and we want to try to rescue out next baby. Maybe in a year or two. It sucks having to at like a grown up. I would have loved nothing better than to grab the new baby and love it but cooler heads prevailed :cry:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Common sense does suck! But you've done the responsible thing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
RATS!!! Spoiled again by the dreaded common sence and responibilty trait. :giggle:

Good for you to know when the timing is right for all. He is too precious!

:hug:

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Gah I hate it when common sense prevails! Then you have to act all responsible & stuff :)

I know what you're going through. I'd have a house full if I didn't have any common sense too!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ugh… I'm so sorry, and I agree that sometimes being a responsible adult really DOES suck!!! Hopefully soon the timing will be just right… :hug:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I posted a while ago that I maybe getting another bully baby. I had to make the hard rational desicion that I will not get another baby at this moment. Everything else is just great, but Voitto is too young and we have too much to do with our new house for to have another baby in the house. And believe it or not, it's heartbraking. It's like having to give up something that I allready had and loved...and I even haven't seen him yet, but in the pics. He would of been perfect!

Another thing to share that hopefully will help you a bit...

As a lifelong impatient person and control freak, I've pushed things
along that I should not have, some with very bad consequences. I
even knew at the time I should leave well enough alone (gut feeling
ignored) but like I said, I did what I wanted, always!

I know it's devastating right now and you are mourning the loss of
your dream BUT what you have now is a very happy home and happy
family. Perhaps the pup would bring disruption to the pack once he
matures, it happens frequently and brings such heartache & misery.
Davidh is having to rehome Diva right now :(

You are doing the right thing as I think your gut instinct is telling you
to wait, you've taken your time and thought it thru...good for you for
making the hard choice and also, putting your family FIRST...that is
a good Mom and a great person~GOD bless!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well sometimes common sence does suck, but when the time is right you will know it and get another beautiful baby.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I'm sorry it didn't work out, but if you're not ready, then it's for the best. We all wish we could have a house full of bullies, and rescue everyone that needs a home, but it's not always possible, or sensible. We a have to do what's right and what works for our families, and maybe right now isn't the best time, but maybe later when Usko is older, and you're more settled in your new home, you can revisit adding another one. My dream is to add a French Bully to my mix one day. I love them, but we have our hands full right now with Bulldozer and Blossom, and we are about to love into our new home, so it definetely isn't the right time, plus the other two need so much attention and time, it wouldn't be fair to them. If we didn't have to work, and life didn't get In the way, and we had an endless supply of money, or a money tree in the backyard, we could have as many as we wanted. One day you'll have another

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Thank you for the encouragement.... I just saw a pic of him...his eyes have just opened...I was ready to cave in...

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I know what you are going through. I sometimes think I'd want another one but Rocco is so much work just by himself. Sometimes we have my gfs dads dog over for a night and I have to wake up early for work to walk two dogs. I'm just not in a position for another one yet. You made the right choice

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.