Ok, weird, but curious, Tail or Not?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I never knew what a "tail pocket" was until [MENTION=657]mom2bullies[/MENTION], explained to me.

We adopted Vegas when he was 4 months and was in the process of moving, I had all his vet paper's and put them in a safe place. I still have not found my safe place, lol. Anyway I see all the tails on some of the bully's in pictures and thought to myself "maybe Vegas had a tail amputation" because he only has about a one inch flap.

I am curious to find out, do you think he has had a tail amputation?? This is all he has.

tail002.jpg

I have always since I got him washed his bottom and face nightly with non-scented baby wipes and dried both. Does your bully have a tail?? (If you have a pic. I would love to see) lol

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
I never knew what a "tail pocket" was until [MENTION=657]mom2bullies[/MENTION], explained to me.

We adopted Vegas when he was 4 months and was in the process of moving, I had all his vet paper's and put them in a safe place. I still have not found my safe place, lol. Anyway I see all the tails on some of the bully's in pictures and thought to myself "maybe Vegas had a tail amputation" because he only has about a one inch flap.

I am curious to find out, do you think he has had a tail amputation?? This is all he has.

tail002.jpg

I have always since I got him washed his bottom and face nightly with non-scented baby wipes and dried both. Does your bully have a tail?? (If you have a pic. I would love to see) lol

no ...he has a tail... and maybe a tail pocket.... Look up Libra's picture of her Vegas's amputation.... you will see the differance.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
When I first joined EBN I wondered about bulldog tails, I started this thread. I didn't know if they were born with the little tail or if they were longer like a beagle, bassett, pitbull, etc when they were born and then docked. As you can see here they are born with short, little piggy like tails.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/general-bulldog-talk/496-question-about-tails.html

Now days we have alot more members so maybe we can get more input. Samson has a small nub of a tail too, it's so darn cute :) I'll get a pic of it tonight.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=657]mom2bullies[/MENTION], I looked at the pictures of Vegas R. I do see the difference. Vegas B has an inch over Vegas R. So his tail is normal to be this short? I was looking at the two little cute swirls on Vegas R's butt, then I looked back at Vegas B's behind and he has the same two swirls, I never noticed before, I can't believe I have never noticed this, how cute!!!

Last edited:
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION], OK same nub as Vegas, but wow, to me Samson looks bald in this photo compared to your avatar pic!! :lol:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Gracie has a little curly q like a piggy tail. It wiggles furiously when she's happy to see someone. So cute.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
OK, I had Lari hold her down and got a coupla pix for you.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], I love it!! Vegas wags his whole butt when he is happy to see us!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I LOVE Gracies tail, how cute it is! Cuttys tail is a little twsity piggy tail also and very short. In fact my cousins wife, when she first met Cutty, asked me if she could pull it thinking it was just a corkscrew like a piggy. I laughed and said "You can but it wont get longer." Not sure if I have any kind of pics tho, let me look.

Not the best pic but this is him grubbing on a beef bone a few months ago.
img_0358.jpg

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
we'll try to catch the wiggle on video sometime..but she won't do it on demand..just when she's happy to see someone who's been gone..like when I come home from work.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
No pics, but Gertie and Ida have totally different tails. Gertie's is a little corkscrew but Ida's is straight. It used to stick straight out when she was real little, but now it is down, smooth. Looks much better than it used to.

Members online

No members online now.