Ok, weird, but curious, Tail or Not?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I never knew what a "tail pocket" was until [MENTION=657]mom2bullies[/MENTION], explained to me.

We adopted Vegas when he was 4 months and was in the process of moving, I had all his vet paper's and put them in a safe place. I still have not found my safe place, lol. Anyway I see all the tails on some of the bully's in pictures and thought to myself "maybe Vegas had a tail amputation" because he only has about a one inch flap.

I am curious to find out, do you think he has had a tail amputation?? This is all he has.

tail002.jpg

I have always since I got him washed his bottom and face nightly with non-scented baby wipes and dried both. Does your bully have a tail?? (If you have a pic. I would love to see) lol

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
I never knew what a "tail pocket" was until [MENTION=657]mom2bullies[/MENTION], explained to me.

We adopted Vegas when he was 4 months and was in the process of moving, I had all his vet paper's and put them in a safe place. I still have not found my safe place, lol. Anyway I see all the tails on some of the bully's in pictures and thought to myself "maybe Vegas had a tail amputation" because he only has about a one inch flap.

I am curious to find out, do you think he has had a tail amputation?? This is all he has.

tail002.jpg

I have always since I got him washed his bottom and face nightly with non-scented baby wipes and dried both. Does your bully have a tail?? (If you have a pic. I would love to see) lol

no ...he has a tail... and maybe a tail pocket.... Look up Libra's picture of her Vegas's amputation.... you will see the differance.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
When I first joined EBN I wondered about bulldog tails, I started this thread. I didn't know if they were born with the little tail or if they were longer like a beagle, bassett, pitbull, etc when they were born and then docked. As you can see here they are born with short, little piggy like tails.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/general-bulldog-talk/496-question-about-tails.html

Now days we have alot more members so maybe we can get more input. Samson has a small nub of a tail too, it's so darn cute :) I'll get a pic of it tonight.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=657]mom2bullies[/MENTION], I looked at the pictures of Vegas R. I do see the difference. Vegas B has an inch over Vegas R. So his tail is normal to be this short? I was looking at the two little cute swirls on Vegas R's butt, then I looked back at Vegas B's behind and he has the same two swirls, I never noticed before, I can't believe I have never noticed this, how cute!!!

Last edited:
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION], OK same nub as Vegas, but wow, to me Samson looks bald in this photo compared to your avatar pic!! :lol:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Gracie has a little curly q like a piggy tail. It wiggles furiously when she's happy to see someone. So cute.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
OK, I had Lari hold her down and got a coupla pix for you.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], I love it!! Vegas wags his whole butt when he is happy to see us!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I LOVE Gracies tail, how cute it is! Cuttys tail is a little twsity piggy tail also and very short. In fact my cousins wife, when she first met Cutty, asked me if she could pull it thinking it was just a corkscrew like a piggy. I laughed and said "You can but it wont get longer." Not sure if I have any kind of pics tho, let me look.

Not the best pic but this is him grubbing on a beef bone a few months ago.
img_0358.jpg

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
we'll try to catch the wiggle on video sometime..but she won't do it on demand..just when she's happy to see someone who's been gone..like when I come home from work.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
No pics, but Gertie and Ida have totally different tails. Gertie's is a little corkscrew but Ida's is straight. It used to stick straight out when she was real little, but now it is down, smooth. Looks much better than it used to.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.