Feeding time

Owens

Jun 16, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Just wondering if anyone else has the same situation where when its feeding time their bulldog attacks the food like its the first time they've eaten in a year, I'm also pretty sure that if a bag of food dropped on the floor Zeus would eat and eat until it was gone haha

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes Buster used to do this but the older he gets the calmer he's gotten.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
When mine are pups-they do that 3 times a day-sharks! One is 5 mo. and still eats like a shark. The two 1/2 breeds(not meaning to insult them) are pickier eaters-much slower) The other Eng. is a year, has become more "ladylike" with her eating-but if she ever refuses to eat-she will go straight to the vet! And yes, they all have to sit before receiving their food!

Last edited:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Yes, both my bullies have done this… I make Winston do a sit/stay before he gets his bowl!!! :drool:

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
I also make Ellie earn her food with a "Go to your crate" and a "sit." Sometimes, she'll come out of her crate while I'm getting her food ready and I'll stop and look at her. She'll eventually do a 360 circle and run back to her crate and I'll then continue to get her food ready.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
bella used to GOBBLE her food!! the older she gets the slower she eats she started leaving a little in her bowl for later about 3 months ago, but before then.....it was hog fest every time it was time to eat!!!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I have a 6 year old that still does this. My dogs are resource guarders with the raw diet. One time, I left 20 lbs of green tripe still in the plastic sleeves tied with metal clips inside a grocery bag on the chair next to the freezer.... The whole thing was gone... eaten... including the plastic sleeves and metal clips... the only thing left is small pieces of plastic sleeve and the grocery bag... I had to poke their cannon butt poop with a stick to count metal clips...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, we have a couple girls that will inhale their food.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep.... our girl, Banks, is 8 yrs. old and STILL eats like this.... I add a little water to the kibble to slow her down a little

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea eats in her crate and she sits while waiting on me to put her food down. Then it is game on and usually only takes her a few minutes or less to eat it all.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We have one that inhales her food like it was her last meal, and everything she does is food motivated. I think she would do just about anything for food. She ate 7 bags of penny candy from the Bulk Barn once, and the vet had to induce vomiting, she vomited 5 bowls of candy. The vet said she had never see that much candy come out of a dog. Lol. Dozer on the other hand is much more laid back, he will sit and wait for his food. Also because he has a jaw defect, where his upper and lower jaw don't meet, his teeth don't meet, so he eats slower to begin with. I always add water to the food to make it easier for him to eat.

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Jagger is this way. You would think I only fed him once a week. He has been like this since I got him (at 12 weeks) Now Ellie doesn't really care about food. Don't get me wrong she eats well. I can give her 2 cups of food and there may be some in the bowl the next morning. Vet said she's fine. I mean she weighs 50lbs.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Making a vid of my two boys tomorrow. Had Maverick broke with a down and stay on the 2nd day of training ;). Very pleased!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon is currently staging a protest because I didn't put coconut oil on his food tonight. I don't usually put coconut oil on his food at night he gets that in the morning. Silly head thinks he is going to get his way.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online