Porkys poem

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
You entered my life on a cold April night, it only took hours to get you but it seemed like all night

The first time I saw you I gasped with a giggle, your head was so big your body so little

The drive home was exciting hearing u snore, one thing is for sure you are never a bore

First time with a puppy a bulldog no less, who would have thought it'd be so much stress

Shark puppy we called you and the reason you see, you claimed a new chew toy and that toy was me

Months went by and oh how you grew a sweet little girl and a whole lot of drool

The hardships and struggles to get where you are, our healthy little princess who we more than adore

The love of a bully is the strongest you see without you here I wouldn't be me

You've taught me to love and to hurt all the same, given me the strength to play the game

When life gets tough n I sit here and cry you curl up with me and wonder why

The look in your eyes says it all real clear no matter what happens you'll always be here

Your more than my pet you are part of my soul, if you weren't here I wouldn't be whole

I love you sweet porky and I hope you can see you mean more than the world to me

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I love that poem! We can all surely relate to it-I want to kiss Porky. :Muah:You are a poet, and now WE ALL know it, Porky loves you, and you LOVE HER,too! (and so do we!)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Alicia --- that is beautiful! I am sitting at my desk in tears... so wondefully stated!

:hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I love poems written to our bullies, it's beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Love it! :up: Now that has me thinking. :idea: Did you ever enter the poetry contest and if so, did I published yours yet? I'm a weeeee bit behind. :ashamed:

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Alicia your poem to Porky is awesome, such beautiful and true words. It brought tears to my eyes, I'm a mush ball like that, will cry on a dime. I love your poem.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.