Barking at Everything?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Today I picked up a little office garbage can. Was going to take it out and empty it. As I picked it up, baxter was right next to it. The look of horror appeared again, he curled into major submissive mode, and I sat and watched as he emptied his urine out all over the floor beneath him.

:mellow:

it could be sudden movements that he is not expecting or paying attention to what is going on. Banks is very dominate and sudden movement of inanimate objects will send her into a tail spin.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You say Baxter traveled with you alot when he was younger. Does he go places now? If he is inside most of the time, and hasn't seen and heard new things lately, he may have lost his confidence. Perhaps you need to take him for walks, if you don't-so he can experience more of new things. it is odd that he has gotten so insecure, if he is going for walks. He sounds like such a sweet boy. I hope he can grow out of this.

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

We need to go out more often. Since I work at home, I guess I feel like he's getting attention and love all the time. So maybe subconsciously I am mistaking this for socialization. You're right, he needs to go out. He's been to the doggy daycare full of dogs and tons of people many, many times. But there is a marked loss of confidence washing over him in the last month or so as he's gotten older. He's also going through puberty, and his awareness of things has quadrupled.

Its not so much the movements that startle him. Its the objects. I have tried placing the paint can, or garbage can right in front of him with nothing happening. No movement. Nothing. He will sit there with a look of sheer terror on his face, rolling his head around in that fearful submissive "wide-eyed" head movement they do.

So confusing.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Poor baby have you discussed what is going on with his vet?

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Do you think he may have some trouble with his eyesight? Can he see his toys, it they are not too close to him? Just a thought.....

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I'd say about 60% of my day is spent trying to convince Rocky and Rambo were not about to be murdered by the UPS man, Mailman, Squirells, or the ice dispenser. Hah! :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I'd say about 60% of my day is spent trying to convince Rocky and Rambo were not about to be murdered by the UPS man, Mailman, Squirells, or the ice dispenser. Hah! :)

Sheldon thought some evil sheets had hatched a plot to eat him today

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Mayhem is scared if so many things.....boots, baseball caps, sunglasses, plastic bags, boxes or anything not in its usual place (even if one of our cars is parked on a slightly different location). He has never lost control of his bodily functions, but all of the other "symptoms" you described apply to him as well. The only thing that has worked with Mayhem is placing a bit if peanut butter on the object he is frightened by and talking to him in a reassuring manner as he works up the nerve to approach the object and lick the peanut butter off. After he sees it is okay, he normally starts behaving normally again. (This method doesn't work very well if someone is wearing a cap though :(. Can't really smear peanut butter on that. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.