Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barking at Everything?

Baxter Tiberius

Default Re: Barking at Everything?

I suppose it goes along with his extremely sensitive side in all the good ways too. He's a very very sensitive little guy. Hope he gains some confidence. We'll keep working on it.

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Some bullies can be like that -one of Lilys litter mates -was like it ,he was also a crybaby and a cuddle bug -he stayed with the breeders and stayed that way too -i think it adds to his personality
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Baxter Tiberius

Today I picked up a little office garbage can. Was going to take it out and empty it. As I picked it up, baxter was right next to it. The look of horror appeared again, he curled into major submissive mode, and I sat and watched as he emptied his urine out all over the floor beneath him.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    Today I picked up a little office garbage can. Was going to take it out and empty it. As I picked it up, baxter was right next to it. The look of horror appeared again, he curled into major submissive mode, and I sat and watched as he emptied his urine out all over the floor beneath him.

it could be sudden movements that he is not expecting or paying attention to what is going on. Banks is very dominate and sudden movement of inanimate objects will send her into a tail spin.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

You say Baxter traveled with you alot when he was younger. Does he go places now? If he is inside most of the time, and hasn't seen and heard new things lately, he may have lost his confidence. Perhaps you need to take him for walks, if you don't-so he can experience more of new things. it is odd that he has gotten so insecure, if he is going for walks. He sounds like such a sweet boy. I hope he can grow out of this.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Baxter Tiberius

We need to go out more often. Since I work at home, I guess I feel like he's getting attention and love all the time. So maybe subconsciously I am mistaking this for socialization. You're right, he needs to go out. He's been to the doggy daycare full of dogs and tons of people many, many times. But there is a marked loss of confidence washing over him in the last month or so as he's gotten older. He's also going through puberty, and his awareness of things has quadrupled.

Its not so much the movements that startle him. Its the objects. I have tried placing the paint can, or garbage can right in front of him with nothing happening. No movement. Nothing. He will sit there with a look of sheer terror on his face, rolling his head around in that fearful submissive "wide-eyed" head movement they do.

So confusing.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Poor baby have you discussed what is going on with his vet?

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Do you think he may have some trouble with his eyesight? Can he see his toys, it they are not too close to him? Just a thought.....
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

I'd say about 60% of my day is spent trying to convince Rocky and Rambo were not about to be murdered by the UPS man, Mailman, Squirells, or the ice dispenser. Hah!

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    I'd say about 60% of my day is spent trying to convince Rocky and Rambo were not about to be murdered by the UPS man, Mailman, Squirells, or the ice dispenser. Hah!
    Sheldon thought some evil sheets had hatched a plot to eat him today

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Cyndi
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mayhem
    Likes (Received)

Mayhem is scared if so many things.....boots, baseball caps, sunglasses, plastic bags, boxes or anything not in its usual place (even if one of our cars is parked on a slightly different location). He has never lost control of his bodily functions, but all of the other "symptoms" you described apply to him as well. The only thing that has worked with Mayhem is placing a bit if peanut butter on the object he is frightened by and talking to him in a reassuring manner as he works up the nerve to approach the object and lick the peanut butter off. After he sees it is okay, he normally starts behaving normally again. (This method doesn't work very well if someone is wearing a cap though . Can't really smear peanut butter on that. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads