Yea Vegas!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I told you Vegas has only poo'd 2 times in 3 days and it was hard rocks, last night he started wiping his bottom on the area rug and scooting. I was concerned and took him to our vet this morning for not poo'ing normally, our vet checked his anal glands internally and expressed them, and they were BAD! We got home and wow, out he goes and takes two HUGE poos and they were normal. I think we are back on track! I don't know if his anal glands were making him constipated but having them expressed internally sure loosened things up for him!! I also added apples the last two days to his treats.

Another great thing was even though I haven't tried to make him loose weight he was 63 lbs. for the last 4 months. He is a very healthy 61 today (and that was with all that poo in him) His food change and snack changes has not only made him a healthier dog, but slimming him down some too!! Our Vet says he looks FANTASTIC!!! :up:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
:up:
Could Vegas B and Vegas R be anymore in tune? They last we weighed him it was 63. That was over a month ago. We need to take him back in (63 from 68)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yay for Vegas!! Now if my boy could lose 2 pounds I would be happy. Going to buy stuff for Vegas stew today so that may help. :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Great to hear that your Vegas is doing great! He must be so relieved that he can go about his business normally now. :up:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Glad to hear Vegas is back on track. How do you know if/when the anal glands need expressing??? Is is something that can visibly be seen?

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Glad to hear Vegas is back on track. How do you know if/when the anal glands need expressing??? Is is something that can visibly be seen?

[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], I had to ask the same thing several months ago when I posted that Vegas was doing the strangest thing, rubbing/scooting his behind on the area rug with his man part sticking out, kind of like itching his butt, lol. The responses I got was to have his anal glands checked by a vet. I took him and they tried to sqeeze them but of course Vegas had to be difficult and had to get an Internal expression, the Vet sticks his finger up Vegas's butt hole and into the anal gland and out sprays poo water. It is NASTY smelling. But from what I have read sort of common in this breed. Last night he was doing the scoot across the area rug again and sure enough when I took him today he was full, it has been about 5-6 months since his last expression.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] .......... Thanx for the explaination. I take it females can get this as well as males??????

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] .......... Thanx for the explaination. I take it females can get this as well as males??????

[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]..LMAO, :p um yep, they have butt holes too and anal glands, even Gracie!!! :lol: Sorry I promise I am not making fun of you this just cracked me up when I read it. Please don't take offense or think I am making fun of you, it just made me laugh!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
LOL... uh yeah,,, that was kind of a DUH!.... lol *where is the emoticon for smacking oneself in the forehead?*

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] not all dogs need it done. Samson does, he needs it like every 2 months. Whereas [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] has told me her Cutty never needs it.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
so far so good with Gracie......I'm gonna knock on some wood now.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes Cutty has had his done a few times at the vets when mugsy got his and each time his was empty and he did NOT enjoy it at all so I stopped having them try. lol. Cant hurt to have hers done the next time you take her to the vet and see if they are full.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] not all dogs need it done. Samson does, he needs it like every 2 months. Whereas [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] has told me her Cutty never needs it.

Yeah.....I have never had to do that with Lola. Definitely knock on some wood there.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.