Coat for winter

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi again ha.
Am just wondering do you guys get your bully's a coat for winter here in England it is cold but a don't no if I should get them a coat or not ??

Thanks

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Dudley has a coat that wraps around him and closes with hook and loop tabs. In addition to providing some warmth, the outside is water-resistant...so it keeps him dry. We get some snow here in New Jersey, but we also get a lot of chilly winter rain.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank is a brute and doesn't get very cold as he doesn't spend any time outdoors in the late fall/winter other than potty breaks. So I do have a couple coats for him but he never wears them (he gives major nasty looks when I've put them on him lol). Stella, however, freezes her little tail off whenever we go outside even to potty, she shakes big time even when it's really not terrible cold yet, so yes, she wears them.

Maybe just get one coat that isn't terrible heavy but enough to take the chill off if you are taking your bully out for an extended period of time :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks does not like coats or jackets at all... she loves being outside and whenever I tried any clothing she would try to get it off or not move till I took it off

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I guess it would depend on how long they are going to be outside. If they are going to be out for a long period of time, and it's cold and damp-I think they would like a coat. Waterproof is what I get-in case of rain or snow. If it's just a "potty run", I don't think they would need it. You know your dogs, and you can usually tell if they are cold. Some dogs will wear coats, and some hate them. I've had dogs who won't leave the OTHER dogs coats alone! MaMa knows best for CoCo........

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
If it's really cold and they are going to be going for a walk or playing outside than I will put a fleece on Gio and Princess. But Diva starts wearing fleeces in the fall when it starts getting chilly out, she is always cold so she loves wearing her fleeces!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I think the majority of us buy coats or at the very least a sweater. I have some long johns on order for Sheldon.

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
I thought Jenna needed a coat....we walk twice a day...she'll wear the coat but will not potty with it on..so I need to walk her again without the coat...so I gave up.....she doesn't wear a coat

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
How cute does that sound!! where did you find doggie long johns????

Petsense the manager called me today to make sure he was ordering the right size I'm super excited

sent from my Droid RAZR with love!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online