brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I second everything everyone has said as it definitely applies to us. Of course we can't forget the EBN subsription!!! But I think one statement that speaks the volume we all feel is Kathleen's statement of "The smile on my face when I look at him". I think that sums it up for all of us. They make us so darn happy

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
A home that smells like a bulldog. When folks use to come over they would often remark how fresh and nice the home looked and smelled now no one says a thing but I know what they are thinking. Something to the effect " I would never have thought Dad [or Tim] would have let this happen." When we got the maltese several years ago the home still was fresh smelling, the maltese himself often smells like fresh linen. But the Bulldog Ace, that's a different matter especially sense he has matured more, at some times more than others [maybe his hormones, I'm not sure] there can be a real musky smell, not necessarily on the dog but just sort of emanating from his crate area at times. Yes he is a dog and smells like one to, not like freshly washed linen.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I also traded in my SUV for a van so the Bullies had an easier time getting in and out of the car.... Bulldog statues, signs and silhouettes in the garden, bully pictures all over my desk, a sign in the kitchen that say 'dogs welcome / people tolerated', I wear a silver dog bone with 'Nitschke' engraved on it. and, all the usual, poo bags everywhere (can't tell you how many times I pulled them out of the washer and/or dryer, kibble and treats in pockets, car, purse -- but as Kathleen stated -- the smile on my face when I talk about them

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
A home that smells like a bulldog. When folks use to come over they would often remark how fresh and nice the home looked and smelled now no one says a thing but I know what they are thinking. Something to the effect " I would never have thought Dad [or Tim] would have let this happen." When we got the maltese several years ago the home still was fresh smelling, the maltese himself often smells like fresh linen. But the Bulldog Ace, that's a different matter especially sense he has matured more, at some times more than others [maybe his hormones, I'm not sure] there can be a real musky smell, not necessarily on the dog but just sort of emanating from his crate area at times. Yes he is a dog and smells like one to, not like freshly washed linen.

OMG... it is so true... I thin they have a different smell to them too! I can't explain it, but they do

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Poop bags in pockets, baby wipes in house and in both cars, nose prints on all doors that are Frank's height. Little baggies of treats everywhere. And what I think is most funny: my husband works from home and has conference calls all the time. Sometimes his headset dies and he has to go on speaker phone. There have been times where Frank is snoring so loudly that someone he is on a conference call with will say "Is that...snoring I hear?" and my husband has to explain that he has an English Bulldog who snores louder than he does. It always gets a chuckle from the people he is on the call with.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
These have made me smile and even laugh out loud but I've teared up too
thinking of the love each of you have for this most special breed of dog, bullies.

I posted about Cami being bit & scratched by a kitten thrust into her face and
her reaction, none. Cami stood stock still and silent looking at the kitten with a
wounded & vulnerable look of, Why are you doing this to me?. She knew it was
a baby so she endured the attack & resulting pain. Thank goodness it missed her
eyes, the bite is healing w/out infection. I have to say, my heart swelled w/grief
at the hurt in Cami's eyes but also with pride that she made no effort to harm not
even a warning growl. I don't think I've ever had a dog that wouldn't at the very
least, growled in protest & warning! It's so unfair they have these reputations as
bada$$es when really, they are exceptionally gentle giants. I've had Cami just 6
months so we're still learning about each other, I love her more than I can say<3

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Forget to tell my signs of owning a bully, lol

When I set up my bedroom, I left my mattresses on the floor so
short legged Cami can get up & down w/out me assisting her, tho
I have a gorgeous wood & iron bed frame. My sumptuous silk linens
and beautiful bedding are packed away in favor of washable cottons.
In fact, my entire house is put together around Cami's needs.

My designer clothing is never worn as I wear washable things that are
tough & durable, don't wear much of the jewelry & other accessories
I have as they are much too much for t-shirts & jeans.

Yes...my house stinks!

It's like I've changed into a different woman. And I guess I have but
my bullies, Brutus & Cami are worth it.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Poop bags in pockets, baby wipes in house and in both cars, nose prints on all doors that are Frank's height. Little baggies of treats everywhere. And what I think is most funny: my husband works from home and has conference calls all the time. Sometimes his headset dies and he has to go on speaker phone. There have been times where Frank is snoring so loudly that someone he is on a conference call with will say "Is that...snoring I hear?" and my husband has to explain that he has an English Bulldog who snores louder than he does. It always gets a chuckle from the people he is on the call with.

This is hilarious!!! LOL :laugh:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Most of you guys have covered it… the constant doggie hair, poop bags, leashes, toys & doggie beds laying around everywhere!!!

I think it goes deeper than that though… we all seem deeply moved about the fosters, hospice doggies, the strays & the fate of pit bulls especially here in the states. We have all changed… for the BETTER!!! ;)

JoeR53

Jul 24, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Blu Lily Gemma
Dog hair, check, baby wipes, check, Bully slobber, check, going to Tractor Supply to get special dog food, check, concrete Bulldog statue on porch, check. Just had carpet replaced with laminate to eliminate dog smell in bedrooms.

Most Reactions