Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is the hardest thing about owning an English Bulldog .....?

Crazy Bulldog Lady IPickedADaisy's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is the hardest thing about owning an English Bulldog .....?

Daisy Mae had a life threatening reaction to her vaccines at 4 months. Watching her going through that was awful. She's been healthy since but no vaccines ever again so we have to live with the fear of catching something for the rest of her life. We can't hide in the house but at least no dog parks for her. I just hope to make her life the best it can be and we get to enjoy many many years together.

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bfletch13 View Post
    LOL She looked like a track
    star when she went in the house.
    I'm sure she was running straight
    for the couch.
    Exactly. No matter what you're doing he's always between your legs and it's so easy to trip over him

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Baxter Tiberius

Quote Originally Posted by JennieS View Post
    Bulldog owners are extremely special people with hearts of gold, because if you take care of these dogs the way you do, imagine how special other people in your life feel!!!! It's the reason I love this site so much!
    Agreed. There's a kindness everyone here has ...

Thanks everyone.

Pooper scooper Become a 4 Paw Member JoeR53's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Blu Lily Gemma
    Likes (Received)

The hardest thing about owning an English Bulldog for me . . . having to leave them at home. I miss these silly little guys when I'm away. It took me a while to convince my wife we needed to spend over two dollars a pound for dog food, but since we have switched to Blue Buffalo, the Bullies are much happier and health problems have disappeared. We are blessed with having dogs from a good breeding line.

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

This could have been said I scanned through but here is my thought on the matter. Most people come to ebn because there is something unusual about their bully happening most of the time there is a health problem. But think about it this way when you buy a bed and you love the bed you don't really make mention of the level of happiness when you buy a bed and it sucks you tell everyone. What I am getting at is there are probably hundreds even thousands of bully owners that never get to ebn because they never have a problem. (Sorry if the bed reference was insensitive it was the best comparison I had at the moment) there are plenty of breed related problems with a lot of other dog if the dog seems to be happy and loving life let them live and be a happy bully if they are not doing well and grave no need to be selfish
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

So far (knock on wood) we have had a pretty good run with Raven. She has cherry eye and has had a pulled muscle here and there because she is a dynamo. I honestly feel that no matter what I have to deal with I can because to avoid it would be to not have ever had my spunky monkey. She is worth every bit of the fear and anxiety I feel at times. As much as we want to avoid issues it's always a crap shoot. The best I can do is to feed her the best that I can, love her to bits and enjoy every day that she is a part of our lives, the rest is in God's hands. My life is so much richer for having her and no matter what the future may hold health wise for her I will never ever fear or regret welcoming her into our family. Sometimes I remember that bullies have a shorter span that a lot of other dogs and it throws me in a bit of a spin, but I do my best to dial it back and live for the moment and enjoy every one of her silly antics.
    Always in my heart and never far from my thoughts. See you at the rainbow bridge my sweet little Monkey. R.I.P. Raven.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads