Bedding

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie loves her crate, she doesn't sleep in there much but does consider it her "safe" spot. I have it set up as a cozy little den for her. I'm thinking of getting rid of it though. It takes up a ton of space and she barely goes in there. Does anyone have any advice on this transition? I don't just want to take it away from her and I want her to have a safe spot for herself. The thing about ruthie is that she will never go lie down on her own, if we are up, she's up. Also, those cooleroo(sp?) beds, I was thinking about getting one but I doubt she would use it, she always has to sleep with her back against something. Pros and cons of those beds?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not sure on this one,,,, my guys have run of the house with crates. Banks LOVES her crate move for a safe spot than sleeping, but she uses it a lot

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I know what you mean about her safe spot. Buster really has run of the house too and we took out his crate because it took up so much room but I think he feels that our entire den is his safe spot. I would try it and see what she does, you can always bring it back in if you notice she really misses it. Everyone whose Bully has a Coolaro that I have heard from really loves them. :)

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I know what you mean about her safe spot. Buster really has run of the house too and we took out his crate because it took up so much room but I think he feels that our entire den is his safe spot. I would try it and see what she does, you can always bring it back in if you notice she really misses it. Everyone whose Bully has a Coolaro that I have heard from really loves them. :)
Thanks. I may just have to take it away and see what she does. She may surprise me and not even care about it.

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston has his own couch / bed area (complete with bone pillow embroidered with his name on it) that he absolutely LOVES. As soon as I moved into the townhouse, when I brought his bed into my bedroom he knew that he was home.

I think it just depends on the dog and how they like their "den" to be. Winston loves to nest in his bed and smooshes the pillow to one side while he settles into the bottom part of it (didn't say it made any sense...). So in essence, his bed became his crate when he became old enough to trust in the house.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
When you order it do you order the pillow pre-embroidered?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.