Humpity Bumpity.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
When we started looking for a bulldog, I was fairly adamant that I wanted to get a girl because of how male dogs are often prone to humping, and I didn't want to have to deal with that particular trait.

Well guess what....Our little princess thinks she's a boy when she's really happy! :eek:

Has anyone else ever had their female bullies do this, or is this just another Gracieism?:crazy:

She only does it when we get her excited and really happy...but it can't be mistaken in the actual action.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Molly humps other dogs and men. Glad she doesn't do it to my boys tho. Just men. She has done it to me occaisionally but not often.

This is the fault of Chips father, who thought it particularly funny to entice Molly to hump his cowboy boot and laugh about it. So him and Chip spent 2 weeks allowing her to do this, with my frustration. Well, that is why she only humps men. But I don't know why she doesn't hump Tidus. Only girl dogs. So she likes girl dogs and manly humans. Go figure!

Tidus wants to hump, but I think he learned it from Molly. At least he listens when I tell him no!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Welcome to my world, I posted earlier Vegas's humping is getting out of hand again!!! We have never encouraged it, laughed or anything but to say NO sternly, he will hump anything he can wrap his 63 lbs. around! Men, Women, me, Joe, pillows etc....and I thought since he was neutered as a pup, that he would NOT do this, WRONG!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
That is too funny. I have known other girl dogs to also hump even tho all our dogs are boys. See what you get for wanting that trait to not appear. Karma. haha

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Welcome to my world, I posted earlier Vegas's humping is getting out of hand again!!! We have never encouraged it, laughed or anything but to say NO sternly, he will hump anything he can wrap his 63 lbs. around! Men, Women, me, Joe, pillows etc....and I thought since he was neutered as a pup, that he would NOT do this, WRONG!!

Vegas needs a cold shower! :luv: Haha, I'm kidding, I did reply to your thread about his humping too.

OP
L

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
She does stop when we tell her no. It's definitely an excited thing. It's just the first I've heard of a girl dog doing it.

[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I was aware boy dogs could do this even after being neutered young, because I used to have a great dane sized pointer lab mix who we had neutered at less than 6 months..it didn't stop him humping, however he always peed like a girl. LOL

Last edited:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman

Sorry, double post!

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
I've read that it is a dominance thing with most dogs, but since bulls are so different i'm not sure what it means. :confused: Butler ONLY humps his bed cushion. He'll drag it out into the middle of the living room, and hump it right in front of the tv. He'll hump for 30 seconds or so and then walk away and lay down or chew a bone. I always say it's his "hit it and quit it" time. :lol:

also, he was neutered somewhere between 2 & 3 yrs old.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
She does stop when we tell her no. It's definitely an excited thing. It's just the first I've heard of a girl dog doing it.

@(KMARINO) I was aware boy dogs could do this even after being neutered young, because I used to have a great dane sized pointer lab mix who we had neutered at less than 6 months..it didn't stop him humping, however he always peed like a girl. LOL

[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], OOhhh yea Vegas pees like a girl, always has, thinking always will

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
My youngest daughter has a little female "designer" dog (fluffy little something or another). She was humping all her toys and her bed. They took her in to be spayed at about 6 or 7 mos. old and they were so anxious to get it done, so she'd quit doing this. Then, guess what? She came home and continued to hump everything even after the surgery. My daughter is so embarassed. Neither Gertie or Ida do it.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Lola will do it..not often. She will do it around the weed eater and leaf blower.....of course that could be because she is licking the spark plug :confused:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
My beagle Loki is a female and she humps Samson sometimes. He'll be laying down chewing his bone and she'll mount him and hump his head. She's crazy, she'll growl at him if he tries to get up, it's kind of funny. Normally Sam's not much of a humper, when he was a baby he would hump this little stuffed pig he had but not anymore. He does hump my friends male german shepherd Smokey who's ~ 8 months. Over the years Samson has become "scrappy" with males, he acts like a total bully (no pun intended LOL), he becomes very vocal, not like an aggressive growl just being very vocal. I think Samson knows Smokey is still a baby so he isn't a threat but still a male and feels the need to asert his dominance. And when he sees Smokey it's constant, I am constantly dragging him off poor Smokey :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.