Quick Question about walking Maistro

RyanW

Nov 13, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maistro
Our dog Maistro does not really like going out for walks..if i or my wife shows his lead he puts his ears down and he looks at us so sad or starts sometimes shaking. if anyone has or had same problems I would like to know please. Any replies will be appreciated!!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I've never experienced this personally. How does he act while on the leash? Does he pull, drag behind, lay down, shake, etc? Maybe putting the leash on him even in the house to get him comfortable with it on and to see that he will not get hurt and there is nothing to be afraid of withthe leash? I'm sure somebody with some better insight or maybe have delt with this will chime in soon.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Our male and one other female we had used to hate going for walks, in fact the female would not go any farther than the drive way.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi Ryan --- there is a member that was having this issue. I can not remember who it was - hopefully they will see you post and come along with insight.

have you tried luring him with treats... a high value treat something only used to get him to walk. make it a positive experience

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.