Bulldog Toys

Maizy

Oct 9, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maizy
So what do your bulldogs like for toys? My bullie does not seem to like toys much and she's only 4 months, but she keeps going for things she shouldn't chew. In particular always my wicker baskets on the corners, and our shoes she goes and tries to sneak off with. She is definitely not a fetcher; throw a ball and she just looks at me like seriously, I am not going to get that. She also has some doggie stuffed animals of zero interest, balls, a rope, and more rubber sort dog bones. Her favorite I suppose is the Nylabone, but only chews a few minutes.

She prefers to keep trying to chew my book basket corners. My kids keep all their books in these so they are on the floor, and she is always trying to go to the baskets. More so then trying to get our shoes left near the door. I'm trying to get some other toy ideas that might interest her more so she'll quit being obsessed over trying to chew my wicker baskets. I guess it feels good on her gums.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh boy, mine always went for the baskets! I too have baskets on the floor! You can get some bitter apple, or other stuff called yuck, and spray it on the basket area, that she likes to chew. It tastes bad, but you may have to spray it every once in awhile-it may evap. My dogs were obsessed with shoes,too. Two of them STILL try to get my shoes sometimes! I bought them their own pair of kids tennies to play with when they were pups. You could also spray bitter apple on your shoes-when she is trying to bite them-but don't get in in eyes. Kong toys and assorted nylabones. Tough toys that they can't eat! Be careful with stuffed toys, as they may eat the stuffing! A jolly ball, or kong balls. Just gotta' try all kinds of TOUGH toys, and you might want to put a shelf-or table by the door to put shoes on, so that it is not so tempting! They all seem to love shoes!

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
June loves antlers...she'll chew on that for over an hour sometimes. Also, we fill her kong with yogurt or peanut better and freeze it and that keeps her busy for awhile too.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Daisy loves real bones.I know its not the best option, but we get ours from the Butchers. She is very picky with her toys too. Just keep a close eye on her. :)

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I do all natural bones, Nylabones and Kong toys now. I used the give them stuffies then we had an ER visit to the vet because Jagger ate all the stuffing out of one.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Antlers, marrow bones, Nylabones and Kongs

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon loves water bottles and his Nylabones and his white rope I bought at Tractor Supply when he was a puppy he is nearly two and that rope it looks a little scraggly but it has held together REALLY well!!! If you don't want to give the baby a water bottle alone they make covers for them also. This is one of the toys we bought Sheldon.... Sheldonstoy.jpg

rksuski

Jul 2, 2012
Madison, Wi
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Try a laser to chase...be careful w the amount of time though since she's still little. We also tied a jolly ball from a branch on our tree and Guiness loves to get it by jumping...our favorite is when he gets it and makes his ewok sounds because he won't let it go. We love the treat ball as well...a ball you can put some kibble or treats in and they push it around to get the treat out...deer antlers are a savior as well....good luck!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.