Vanize Andrade

Sep 1, 2011
Florida
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Piper, Mooney, Lear Panda and Pitts
Hello Guys,

My baby Lear is 3.5 months old. She has been eating premade raw patties since I got her.
On Friday, I both ground chicken and turkey and froze it for 48 hours. On Sunday night I started to feed her ground chicken and pre made patties (half and half).
Did the very same with my other pup Pitts. (He is fine!)

I noticed she was a little quiet on Monday. On Tuesday she pooped in her crate (normal poop). She never poops in her crate.
Yesterday she started vomiting and having liquid diarrhea. This morning same thing, so I took her to the vet.
Oh.. forgot to mention, I found a piece of plastic on her poop this am. But she continued vomiting on the way to the vet.

He did a parvo test and it came back negative (Thank GOD!). But she vomited the medicine the vet gave her.

She is on IV now. The vet still doesn't know what's going on.

The vet said it could be related to the ground chicken. But the other pup is fine!

Any ideas??

Thanks a lot. Any comment is highly appreciated.

This is a pic of her going to the vet this am. Poor baby!

LeasrSick.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, so sorry you're going through this with Lear. I was going to suggest to you that she may have eaten something that you didn't know about, and since you mentioned that you found a piece of plastic in her poop, I think that's what is causing her to have diarrhea and vomiting. These are both signs of an obstruction, or of having swallowed a foreign object. My English Bulldog Dozer has swallowed sweat socks twice, and both times he had the same symptoms, he started with diarrhea, then vomiting, he drooled water from his mouth. He ate and drank like normal, and had normal poops as well, but then after the symptoms started, he became lethargic. We brought him to the vet, and Shelley his stomach and could feel a mass in there, she took an X-ray which showed a shadow of something in his Intestines. She gave him IV fluids, pain medications, and a laxative. She sent us home with a fibre prescription dog food, which we fed him a Tbsp once every two hours, and he was able to pass the sock that evening. We didn't know he had eaten a sock, and it could have been there for a week or more. It takes time for them to pass items out, and most of the time they are able to do so, but you have to keep an eye on her and watch and check every pop to make sure they do pass it. If they can't, or they continue to be sick, sometimes surgery is necessary to remove the foreign object. I hope Lear is able to pass the rest on her own, and I hope she feels better soon. Sending love, hugs and prayers your way. Please keep us posted on how she's doing.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh praying for beautiful Lear. :pray:

It could be related to the chicken, but it could be not. Hopefully you'll figure it out soon. Do you think she ate a toy because of the plastic? What procedures did the vet do? x-rays perhaps?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm sorry to hear she is not feeling well. I hope she is better soon. Does the vet have a plan of action?

OP
Vanize Andrade

Vanize Andrade

Sep 1, 2011
Florida
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey everybody thanks for all responses!
The vet will do blood work. He is afraid the baby has an infection or something.
Will call them in an hour. I had to leave her in the vet and come to work :(

I will call and suggest an x-ray. I think it is a great idea!

Thanks,
Vanize

B

Baxter Tiberius

Is it possibly the raw chicken, and her being such an early age?

The facial expressions kill me with these pups. You really can see when they are in distress. Baxter had the same look on his face yesterday when he was so sick.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sending prayers & hugs to you… keep us posted!!!

OP
Vanize Andrade

Vanize Andrade

Sep 1, 2011
Florida
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Is it possibly the raw chicken, and her being such an early age?

The facial expressions kill me with these pups. You really can see when they are in distress. Baxter had the same look on his face yesterday when he was so sick.

Oh No.. Baster is sick too? What's going on ??

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm so sorry and will pray for your baby to recover asap.
Gorgeous bully <3 GOD bless!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Sorry I don;t know what could be wrong with your baby girl...just wanted to wish you the best and hope she is feeling better soon. I can tell from that pic that she wasn't feeling good. :(

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Could it be e-coli, from the ground meat? A friend of mine bought some meat this spring at walmart and 4 of her dogs got sick same symptoms, unfortunatly lost one from it, I am so sorry your little one is sick, please keep us updated

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
So sorry about the sick baby. I hope she feels better.

Jagger had the same symptoms when he ate a ton of stuffing out of a toy. He started throwing up horribly and had bad poop.

I took him to the vet and he luckily passed it all.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey everybody thanks for all responses!
The vet will do blood work. He is afraid the baby has an infection or something.
Will call them in an hour. I had to leave her in the vet and come to work :(

I will call and suggest an x-ray. I think it is a great idea!

Thanks,
Vanize

Prayers that your baby is better soon.... please keep us posted

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.