How much Sleep Can I Bulldog have ??

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Bazza is not even 2 years, and I have to pull him out of bed everyday, sometimes I bribe him at 11.00am with a walk, (after being in bed at 8.00pm), food does not work sometimes I just simply pull him off his bed.
Well the other day I decided I will see how long he would stay on his bed for,mind you it was pouring rain all day. He went to bed to 9.30pm and he did not move till 4.00pm the next day (no food, no water, not toilet) I wouldn;t normally do this but I was curious to see how long he would hang out on his bed, he has free range of the house and I was walking around all day, he basically did not get up till his Dad came home. Is normal for anyone else ???

(Sorry cannot add smiley faces or photos for some reason at the moment so boring looking )

Attachments

• P1000964.jpg
    P1000964.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I think Punkin would do the same and would stay in bed for very long periods. But we force him to get up to pee to keep his bladder healthy.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol. Dozer is the same, he's my laid back lazy guy, and I think he would sleep 25 hours if he could. We have to bribe him, and pull him out of his bed in the morning, he goes potty at 6:00 am, and he will go right away, and then pull to go back inside, and he refuses to walk for more than 5 or 10 minutes. His sister Blossom will walk for hours, and she is full of beans and spunk, she wants to play all day, and she's already whining to go out at 6:00 am every morning. Who needs an alarm clock.?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They pretty much sleep as much as they want, except mine will not miss a meal. It's like clock work, they are up and wanting food at meal time.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Glad it's just not me:tongue: I've been worried my kids have a boring life and that's why they sleep so much. I'm a stay home bully mom but my husband leaves for work at 6:45 am so we're up early... or well I'm up early:blink: They can sleep all day with just a few fits of barking by the fence if something is extra noisy out there. They only come to life when my hubby returns from work at 5:15 pm, then they play and go crazy. The carpets are piled up against the walls and furniture's are moved out of place:lmao:. I can get them to eat a little in the morning but only if there is something extra nice in there such as a piece of meat, normal treats wont work. I've tried playing with them but they just go into cuddle mood and I end up scratching their bums while they still sleep:ashamed:. But the truth is I love that about them, they are easy that way:) but it's also just about the only thing that is easy about a bulldog:heart:

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I wish Rocco would sleep a little later. He's like clockwork. I let him out of his crate at 6:15 am during the week then he knows it's breakfast time after his walk. The problem is on the weekends you can hear him start to get fidgety in the cage and make some noise if he's not out by 7! I just want to sleep in a little! At night though he becomes a lounge rat and usually lays between my legs on the couch and snore away. I guess he's a morning bully lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Well, Dudley went to sleep on the couch at 8 pm last night and stayed there until I woke him up at 6 am. He takes a walk with me, eats his breakfast, then we play outside for 15 or 20 minutes. Then I go upstairs to work and he typically gets up on "his" chair or in his crate. Now...I don't think he's actually asleep, but he's laying there with his eyes closed! When I finish work around 2 or 3, we take a walk and play in the yard for another 20 or 30 minutes, and then he's pretty much "up" until about 8 pm or so...I think that's just the way they are...

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Bogey will wake up at 6:30/7 when we get up. He doesn't get off the couch, but sits up to greet us. He will wander to the front door within 1/2 hour, go out to pee, eat breakfast, then out to poop, and back up on the couch til about noon, when I force him out for a walk. Then back to sleep on the couch til 3 ish. From 4-6 is his lively, psycho time. He gets wild, mouthy, and all around playful. Dinner at 6, walk around the neighborhood, then back to couch where he is generally snoring by 7. I FORCE him out the front door at 930 for his last pee of the night. They do sleep ALOT!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I get up at 5:30am to get my daughter ready for school, GOD help me!!! :blink: The dogs are all about getting breakfast & watching her get on the bus… after that it's snoozeville for hours!!! Winston usually gets crazy around lunchtime, which I honestly think he's just getting nosey about what I'm having for lunch… LOL They also know when it's dinnertime, but Winston does enjoy spurts of activity. I try to get a walk in daily, but if that doesn't happen I do take them outside for at least 30 minutes to wear them out. What is really funny is that if my grandson is here (3 days a week!) Winston HAS to be up & see what Marcus is getting into… when he leaves I swear Winston is exhausted!!! He will sleep all day today, because Marcus was here yesterday in full 2 year old tantrum mode!!! LOL :lol:

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Omg guys... That is just not fair! Daisy gets up with me at 5 am and we do our thing and she may take a few naps through out the day but thats it. She wont nap unless I put her in her crate and leave her alone. And if i let her she would stay up until 11 every night. Im blaming it on the 1/4 pug she has in her. She is a ball full of energy!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea is usually up by 0530 going out for potty. Has breakfast at 0600 and then chills in her crate until about 0730 and I take her out again until 0800. Tuesday through Thursday she stays at home with me so from 0800 to about 1200ish she is in her play pen either playing or snoozing then I take her out for lunch until roughly 1300. Around 1400 when my wife gets home she goes out again and then roams the areas of the house we don't have blocked off to her until her dinner time around 1700 and then snoozer time in her crate until 1830 then it is potty time again. As the weather is getting cooler we take her out several times between 1830 and 2030 to burn off some energy and then at 2030 it is bed time snack time where she gets her bananas and yogurt and lounge time on the couch with us until she goes to bed between 2130 and 2200. Rinse and repeat the next day. Mondays and Fridays my wife is home so she has free range from her after breakfast nap until bed time.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Omg guys... That is just not fair! Daisy gets up with me at 5 am and we do our thing and she may take a few naps through out the day but thats it. She wont nap unless I put her in her crate and leave her alone. And if i let her she would stay up until 11 every night. Im blaming it on the 1/4 pug she has in her. She is a ball full of energy!

LMAO!!! Dang pug bloodlines… :p

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon is generally up at 6:30 when we get up to get the kids up and ready for school he goes outside does his business comes in hangs around watching the kids come in and out of the house the bus stop is right next door so all the kids troop into our house if its raining or too cold on any given morning I probably anywhere from 5 to 15 kids in my house and they all have to love on Sheldon he is the super star in the neighborhood. He gets breakfast at 7:30 and then he hangs out in the chair or on the floor till about 9 we take a walk he comes in and hits his chair again for about an hour or until Miss Gigi gets up then they both go out in the back yard for about 10 minutes or so they come in and play for about an hour then they intermittently take a nap and chase the feline and play all day till dinner they go out at about 9pm for last potty break then its in the bedroom till morning.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Ollie is quite the sleeper too!!! I love it!! Luckily pretty much since we've had him i've been off work, so his schedule is not too set, I was getting up with my husband and making him breakfast in the mornings so I would let Ollie out then but he never got too into that routine. Now I'm up by 7:30 to get my son ready for school so he's ready to go out then but if it's a weekend he will sleep in till 10!! Usually whenever he does get up he's up for about an hour maybe a little more and then back to sleep for most of the day untill my son gets home from school around 3, then he's riled up for a few and back lazy untill my husband gets home! Once the hubby is home, he's wound up, around 7 he lays down and starts snoring, if we aren't in bed by 9 he's hinting that it's time for bed!!!! But I love the laziness of them! Our Dane was lazy too, if you were sick or down and out she would lay in the bed ALL day long with you! She was my snuggle buddy!!! Ollie doesn't make a good snuggle buddy he's up and down and everything else!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.