How much Sleep Can I Bulldog have ??

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
Pep is pretty calm while we're at the shelter. She's up at 5:30 with me, watching as I get everything ready. By 6:10, we're all out the door and on the way to work. She checks the car out, checks on the baby, waits the 3 minutes while I drop baby off, then we hit work. Once there, she scopes everything out, waits patiently as I feed everyone (She isn't allowed in the kennels were the dogs are for obvious reasons), waits while I feed the cats, then its outside for potty. (She will NOT potty before we get to work, its so weird)

After that, its breakfast time. She will NOT eat before we get to work, as well. After breakfast and a poo break, she lounges for most of the day. She might accompany me to calls or to PetsMart or to the doggie park by the shelter. Once we head home...she's a freaking BALL OF ENERGY! She's running all over, chasing the cats, and playing with baby. After supper, its another walk, maybe 30 minutes with the ball and crashed by 8 with the baby.

Maybe its her lifestyle, but I think I have an active one. Maybe I broke her
:rolleyes:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I wish Rocco would sleep a little later. He's like clockwork. I let him out of his crate at 6:15 am during the week then he knows it's breakfast time after his walk. The problem is on the weekends you can hear him start to get fidgety in the cage and make some noise if he's not out by 7! I just want to sleep in a little! At night though he becomes a lounge rat and usually lays between my legs on the couch and snore away. I guess he's a morning bully lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Brutus did this also when he slept in his crate at night. He has been allowed to sleep on the couch for about a month now and he will sleep until 9ish on the weekend. During the week it is earlier because we are all running around the house. Maybe as he gets older you can leave him out at night. He still goes in his crate when we are not home. I'm not that brave yet.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Brutus did this also when he slept in his crate at night. He has been allowed to sleep on the couch for about a month now and he will sleep until 9ish on the weekend. During the week it is earlier because we are all running around the house. Maybe as he gets older you can leave him out at night. He still goes in his crate when we are not home. I'm not that brave yet.

Once he can be trusted 100% then he will be able to sleep out of the crate and have free roam of the house. I can't wait until the day I don't have to crate him anymore! But I think we are still a ways away from that.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Well, my dogs have their own schedules. Each one has their own crate to sleep in at night.Maude wakes up at about 3:30 a.m., wants to go out. When she comes back in, she sleeps in her doggie bed, until I get up(for the day). Martha usually wakes up once during the night,(usually just after I get comfy in bed, after Maude comes in) and has to go out, then it's back in her crate until 7:00 am, and she wants up! Lizzie will sleep until 8:00 a.m., Carlie would sleep all day. She does NOT want to get up. It takes me a 1/2 hour to get her to come out of her crate. Sometimes I do have to drag her out! I have never had a dog who was like her! They all go to bed about 8 p.m. So I get up several times a night-with their schedule! Mornings are a little "odd" on the days I have to work!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Omg guys... That is just not fair! Daisy gets up with me at 5 am and we do our thing and she may take a few naps through out the day but thats it. She wont nap unless I put her in her crate and leave her alone. And if i let her she would stay up until 11 every night. Im blaming it on the 1/4 pug she has in her. She is a ball full of energy!
And I thought ruthie waking me up at 6am growling and snorting in my face was bad...nope, Daisy takes this one.

- - - Updated - - -

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie is up daily, sitting on my head, growling and snorting in my face at 6am. Weekend or not. She sleeps all day because we are at work but I try to keep her up from the time we get home until bed time. The good thing is, if we are up, ruthie is up. She can't stand missing out on any of the action. God forbid we do anything without her at our feet.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston is pretty lazy too! We have to force him to get up at times, but I do have to say as soon as he hears me getting his food out at 7am and 5:30pm he comes running from wherever he is LOL!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They pretty much sleep as much as they want, except mine will not miss a meal. It's like clock work, they are up and wanting food at meal time.

That was Nitschke.... he'd sleep 22 hours a day. Be up for food and :poo:

Banks... she wants play time and walks so she gets about 16 hours a day

Theresa

Nov 14, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My Tank sleeps around the clock until someone knocks on the door! :) And your dog looks identical to mine! So cute!

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Jagger and Ellie sleep most of the day, play in the evening and then sleep all night.
egyqahe9.jpg

They will sleep anywhere :)

cbh142

Aug 4, 2012
Irwin, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geno
Geno typically sleeps until I wake up then he knows it's breakfast time. He eats, goes potty, and then goes back to sleep.

OP
Bazza

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Glad it's just not me:tongue: I've been worried my kids have a boring life and that's why they sleep so much. I'm a stay home bully mom but my husband leaves for work at 6:45 am so we're up early... or well I'm up early:blink: They can sleep all day with just a few fits of barking by the fence if something is extra noisy out there. They only come to life when my hubby returns from work at 5:15 pm, then they play and go crazy. The carpets are piled up against the walls and furniture's are moved out of place:lmao:. I can get them to eat a little in the morning but only if there is something extra nice in there such as a piece of meat, normal treats wont work. I've tried playing with them but they just go into cuddle mood and I end up scratching their bums while they still sleep:ashamed:. But the truth is I love that about them, they are easy that way:) but it's also just about the only thing that is easy about a bulldog:heart:
Man his so sounds like Bazza ! Funny !

OP
Bazza

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Man, these bulldogs just crack me up so much, good to hear all the stories. I have never owned a bulldog before Bazza, glad to know he is normal (ish) !!!

OP
Bazza

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Jagger and Ellie sleep most of the day, play in the evening and then sleep all night.
egyqahe9.jpg

They will sleep anywhere :)
yep that Sums up Bazza too !!! Love the pic, your bully's are just so dam cute ! They look such buddies.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.