How big can a Bulldog really get?

RyanW

Nov 13, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maistro
My wife and I got an english bull dog 7 weeks ago and we have been wondering how big he will be when hes done growing!! i.e. height and weight.. Does anyone know??

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
His size and weight will have a lot to do with his parentage and ancestry. It seems like there is quite a range with Bullies. Could be anywhere from 45 pounds, to possibly 80 pounds. I have one girl that is one year old and she weighs 60 pounds. Neither one of her parents is as big as she is!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hey Ryan, you asked a very good yet very complicated question. [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] answered it extremely well, Thinking [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] too a survey earlier this year, male/female, age, weight. Again nothing gives the best answer other than time itself. A prime example to this, is I once owned a Cocker spaniel, this breed of dog got between 15-28 lbs full grown. Mine was 47 pounds. My veterinarian had a coronary seeing her, asked me what is this, I said a cocker spaniel, he called out the weight height specs of a healthy cocker spaniel, then asked me again. He asked me what I fed her, I said anything she wants to eat..... Again wrong Answer, and literally threatened to call the humane society to have her removed from my home, because of my abuse of my animal. I thought I was showing her love, and seeing her Happy, I was Abusing my Pet. I learned a hell of a lot from my Veterinarian, and I can pass this lesson onto anyone who loves their pet. Keep them healthy, Exercise them, it won't do you any harm either, Keep them on a healthy Diet of Kibbles, and feed them as directed. My boys get a cup of food in the morning, and one in the evening, They exercise during the day. No Table scraps whatsoever if you Love Them, practice this. One of my boys is 52 pounds, the other is 62 pounds. Both are extremely healthy, Thank God, but you have a lot to do with their health by what you feed them, exercise them, and care for them. :yes:

OP
R

RyanW

Nov 13, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maistro
Thanks guys so much for the answers..so i guess time will tell and also like [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] said parentage and ancestry plays a part too..wow! This is exciting..we'll see how big he gets and betcha i'll be posting an update here!! once again thanks...my wife and i really appreciate your feedback!!!

angela

Jun 18, 2011
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winny 2004-2015
My winny is 70 lbs. at almost 10 yrs. of age, and she's gorgeous

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber is right at 54/55 pounds and will be 2 years old at the end of this month. Ruby, who is Ambers sister (same parents just a different litter) is 48 pounds right now at 10 months old. Ruby is going to be bigger than Amber and they have the same genes. Both eat the same food but Ruby is going to be bigger than Amber.

OP
R

RyanW

Nov 13, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maistro
Wow! [MENTION=5404]dalmatina38[/MENTION] Amber and Ruby are really cute names for your loved ones?

OP
R

RyanW

Nov 13, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maistro
I really Love both names Ruby and Amber!!! Ours is Maistro and we can't wait to see how big he'll be!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our boy was 56-58 lbs for most of his life and our girl, Banks is 60... they are all different but as others stated it depends on the genes

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)
Daisy Mae is almost 9 months old and 45 lbs. I've heard mention of them getting tall & lanky before they fill out but I swear she hasn't gotten any taller in months. She looks short to me. But...who cares...she's got all her loveabullness compacted in that short body.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon is nearly two will be two at the end of this month and he is right at 60 lbs tall filling out in the chest area really well....like others have said it can be any where from 45-80 lbs. No matter which end of the spectrum Maistro hits its a sure bet he will be gorgeous and loved and spoiled just like all of our bully babies!! LOL

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
When I brought Bogey home at 8 weeks, he was 10 lbs but had paws the size of Texas! Everyone said how big he was going to be, including my vet! Well, he slowed down around 8 months, and at 13 months old, he weighs around 50. Vet thinks he's done growing now, so he will be on the smaller side. He is all muscle though! I don't think there is any way to really predict!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco's father is 75 lbs so I'm hoping he will end up around 60 or so

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Wow! @dalmatina38 Amber and Ruby are really cute names for your loved ones?

Thanks! We picked the name Amber because of her coat color and since Amber is also a precious stone we decided to stay with precious stone names and came up with Ruby for the other one. We played with almost all the stone names until we found the most fitting ones for our two girls.

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
My bud Kain is just under 2, knee high and 52 lbs. fit as a fiddle for a Billie and full of energy, loves to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.