Humping Question

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas was a bad humper when he was a pup even though he was neutered. All my company got a "special welcome" when they entered the door. :eek:

He actually stopped for about the last 4 months, but this week he has more than made up for his down time. He has humped me, his daddy, my son was bent over today cleaning slobber for me with a shammy and guess who mounted him?

My son brings his fixed female Krillen over for play time and they played fantastic for months, NOW the only thing Vegas wants is to hump her, it does not matter where, as long as he is air humping (she is much taller).

I got a spray bottle out today to squirt his behind when he was doing it, but he LOVES squirt bottles and only turns and trys to drink the spray. What can I do to get him to stop? I was so mad today I was looking for a paper to swat his behind, he was NON-STOP, obsessed and determined!!

What can I possibly do to a year and a half old humper, to get him to stop??

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oooh I cant help here so much, wish I could. My boy loves water too so the bottle only works for my pug. What about the can of air that somebody mentioned as having worked on their bully?

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], Oh great idea, thanks for reminding me, I will definately get some tomorrow, he will probably love it, although he barks at my blow dryer when I point it at him. I was ready to tie his legs together today I was so mad, my son was here with Krillen for about an hour and I swear Vegas spent 50 min. not playing but just air humping her!!!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I would see if a puff of canned air works on him (no, he won't get high off propellants unless you spray it up his nose - a spray in the butt will do!) and see if that snaps him out of it although it sounds like something happened that triggered the reemergence of this activity. Has any peculiar happened in the past week that you can think of?

Neither of my boys are humpers but certain things do trigger them. For example, Linus would never hump me or anyone or anything else but he does like to hump the hose on the vacuum cleaner. I don't know if it excites him or what but he just wants to get with our Dyson! Truman went through a humping spell when he was little, right after being fixed, and I read it was an effort to assert or reassert authority - as a teenager might - and the best thing was to be consistent in not allowing it. Humping a female dog is one thing (whether they are spayed or not - a lot of male dogs exhibit an attraction toward a female) but when he's taken to humping you, your husband, and your son, it's an assertion of his dominance over you and it sounds like you're going to remind him who is running the show!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION], I have been off the last 10 days due to my stitches, so his play time with Krillen my son's fixed female has been about every other day some days every day. It WAS only about once a week when I was working, great job on making me think what has changed. Perhaps too much time with a female has roused him back into his bad behaviors. I still have another week off until I can return to work, but I am going to cut his playtime back to once a week. Boy us women can just tear men up!!! With me and my hubby it is going to have to be down on the floor submissive style to get him to stop again. THANK YOU for your advice and making me think!!

Last edited:

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
I sure hope Lola does not try that with "to be named". That would not work and we will have to nip it quick! I have never had to do much more that clap my hands or tell her no and she minds but has been testing me lately and she has been acting weird, like she knows something is going on. Boy her world is going to be rocked tomorrow. I might try the water bottle, she loves swimming but being squirted.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
That is the reason Norm went to rescue becasue they couldn't stop his humping tendencies. Norm doesn't hump quite so much anymore. We make a loud noise, and clap our hands. I took him out in public ALOT and when he even tried to hump anything, I pulled him back with his harness immediately (with the first wrap around with his front leg), and said NO!

Good luck...

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
It's funny that this topic came up because Stig's scheduled to get neutered this Wed and that was one of the things the vet asked - if he's starting to hump. He's not but then I thought that bullies needed help doing that ... I'm clearly in the wrong! :lol:

Hopefully the canned air works out!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.