Jackets and Sweaters?

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
We are having a major cold front today and Miss Pepper Potts is NOT having it. I've never, ever been one to 'dress' my dog (she's so cute, though!) but she's freaking shivering. She doesn't want to go outside, play ball, or potty. She just stands, shivers, and stares at me.

I am thinking of getting her a nice fleece sweater. Does anyone use one regularly? Peps comes to work with me every day, and the last thing I want is her to be cold. If it seems to be a normal part of Bully-dom, I'm hitting petsmart on my lunch break. She's making me sad!

Any advice is appreciated, everyone
:coldout:

My hubby is gonna crack up laughing if I start dressing my doggie!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
We all do it!! If she is shivering she is cold Sheldon loves his fleece pullovers or anything else I put on him I had him a doggy coat too but he out grew it I have to buy him a new one.

OP
clightfoot

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
I sorta thought so. She's got SUCH short hair and my baby is shivering. I felt so bad when my kiddo and I got our coats on this morning and she gave me this look of "Hey...the hell?!"

Coat on lunch break. Check! Oh, another trip to PetsMart. $20 says we come out of there with more than just the sweater!

OP
clightfoot

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
I did try some on her a few days ago for giggles, she didn't seem to have any issues.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
American Apparel makes hoodies for dogs, and the pics on their website show bulldogs, but i'm not sure how the fit is. They look super cute though!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, my guys have sweaters and coats. I've bought some at Petsmart, but it's difficult to find ones that fit them properly. I have had better luck finding sweaters and jackets at Woofstock.

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Jagger has a sweater he wears all the time or he will shiver. Ellie has a jacket that I only put on her when we go out. She doesn't seem to get as cold.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
OP
clightfoot

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
Just don't tell Pepper you had to get them from the 'big and not-so-tall' section... Molly was hart broken when she found out she wasn't a size zero!! http://www.ralphlauren.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2098657

Ok I almost wet myself when I read that.

I did find her a cute one at PetsMart. its a teeny bit too big, but she's still got a bit to grow. It proclaims to all that she is "Spoiled Rotten". I actually found quite a few that I liked! She sat and tried on clothes for like 30 minutes. my little trooper!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I just went through a few weeks of searching for a fleece or sweatshirt for my pup, Ruckus, who love his long morning walks, but hates the chill in the air. I did lots of purchasing and returning because most dog clothing doesn't fit bulldogs correctly at all. You have to get bulldog specific clothes or it will be too long on their backs and too small on their necks and chest. I bought a fleece sweatshirt from Plus Size Pups through Amazon which is specifically made for bulldogs, it fits perfectly and was well worth the few extra $. I highly recommend it. I also bought one from American Apparel, which is long on him, but does fit in the neck and chest -- so I have to watch him when he potties so he doesn't accidentally go on the sweatshirt.

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
I bought a couple cheap hoodies off Amazon. I bought XL. They fit Agnes' s neck and chest (she's only 11 months) but I had to shorten the length by about 6 inches at least. If you're not overly concerned with fashion, you can do what I did -cut a 6 inch strip out of the middle and then sew the two halves back together!

OP
clightfoot

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
Jackie, thanks so much for that tip! My husband loves a lot of the Plus Size Pups brand, so we will likely get her a couple of those. Awesome tip! :salute:

Members online

No members online now.