Puppy DNA Test?

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
When I got little Pepper Potts, I was told by her previous owners that she was purebred. Me, personally? I don't care. She's my Bully-baby. I think she's stinking cute.

My husband, on the other hand has more than a healthy curiosity regarding our newest fur-kid's origins. The DNA testing of dogs was unheard of even when I was Vet-teching it up a few years ago. So, my question is, has anyone done it?

She could be part Wholly Mammoth for all I care, but I kinda want my husband off my back. He's such a booger
:sneaky2:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You should have AKC papers on her showing her lineage. DNA testing will not prove anything unless you have the sire and dam to test also. Reputable breeders will do DNA on their males for stud, just in case there is ever a problem or question on the sire being used.

OP
clightfoot

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
We have nothing on her since she was a rescue. the previous owners had to rehome her. Like I said, I'm not all that worried about it. I figured we'd need sire and dam to do any type of testing. I'm not breeding her so either. Ah, well. He'll have to get over it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have nothing on her since she was a rescue. the previous owners had to rehome her. Like I said, I'm not all that worried about it. I figured we'd need sire and dam to do any type of testing. I'm not breeding her so either. Ah, well. He'll have to get over it.

I know nothing of it, but I think it is a few hundred to get the test done isn't it? Maybe that will get the hubby to accept she is pure :D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

I love your attitude! :rofl:

You're awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
We are experts here ;) so post up some pics of pepper potts (at least in this thread) and we'll let you know for sure lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

dodgetail

Nov 11, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dodge
It is good to hear your stand for loving that little pup no matter what.

OP
clightfoot

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
Pictures of my Pepper Potts? Oh, don't threaten me with a good time.

Whatcha think?

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I think it is probably just my work computer that I can't view the pics :( Plus I get terrible cell service hereso I'll have to wait until I step out for lunch!

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I was actually able to load them on my phone in my office! Pepper Potts is adorable and definitely looks like a bully!

OP
clightfoot

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
I was actually able to load them on my phone in my office! Pepper Potts is adorable and definitely looks like a bully!

Ooh yays! I thought so, too, and her vet even told me so. Of course, what do I know? I'm just his wife and I wanted the dog
:rolleyes:

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ebd's come in all different shapes and sizes.. So its really hard to tell for sure. But she is a super cutie and its great that you dont care either way.

Dextermommasbaby

Nov 2, 2013
MO
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
dexter
I think she looks like a doll she may have some American bulldog in her...we once had an Olde, or so he was sold to us as one. He was a F1 cross between an American and an English. :)

OP
clightfoot

clightfoot

Nov 7, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper Potts
We have an American Bully here at the shelter, and he's frigging HUGE! Total softy though!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
She is a cutie pie!! Tell the hubby to jump on here and take a gander at all our fur babies they are all different shapes sizes and colors! So happy to know your love your little Pepper Pot no matter what. These Bullies tend to wrap us around their heart and well we just have no desire to extricate ourselves!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.