Little Escape Artist

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Yesterday was awesome weather here in Houston. So I decided to go outside of the back patio for a bit and Holly came with. I was reading and Holly being was her normal playful self. Holly meandered on over to one part of the yard where I couldn't see her and it was awful quiet for a few mins.....so I get up to check on her and there was no Holly to be found!! So I tried to remain calm, where could a 50 pound bully go?! I walk over to the corner of the yard where she was and Holly had broken part of the fence and got out of the back yard!! I immediately look over the fence and Holly is standing just a few feet from the fence and gives me this look that says "I wasn't suppose to do that was I??" I stood there kinda frozen because I thought if I jumped the fence, she would think I was playing with her and would run into the street (our gate is on the opposite side of the yard). So I'm standing there and say Hollllly. So of course being an 18 month old pup she turns and starts to walk away towards the street. Greeeaaattttt so now I jump the fence and yell HOLLY!!!!! Thank goodness she stopped and laid down on her tummy and put her head on the ground as well. She does this sometimes when she thinks/knows she did something she wasn't suppose to. I run over to her and grab her, gave her some hugs and kisses and then she got a stern talking to! So glad she stopped, that could have been a disaster. About gave me a heart attack. Attach below is a pic of the fence and a pic of Holly laying down as I described above but in the pic she's only a few months old. My house is about 10 years old and the fence has been through a few hurricanes. Definitely on its last leg.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Stuff like that scares me! I'm glad Holly is okay and she listened to you and stayed still when you called her name. I know there have been times when the boys' got loose b/c their harness wasn't on right or the gate was open. Our bullies sure know how to give us those "heart attack" moments, don't they?!

dodgetail

Nov 11, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dodge
Oh bless Holly and that's scary. Glad she's smart and gentle as she knows you want her to lay down.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
oooooooooooo... that little stinker!! So happy she listened to you and went into a down/stay.... :whew:

Guess there is a new fence on the 'honey-do-list' :blink:

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Bullies can be quite a handful sometimes! Happy to hear that she finally listened to you and she didn't make it to the street. I know it scared you to death :(

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
oh my so glad she didn't run off. They're like lil ninjas so we gotta stay on our toes!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so glad Holly didn't bolt when you approached her, and she layed down, so you could pick her up. Those moments are always so scary. Last summer, hubby and I took our two guys out for their last walk before going to bed, we live in a condo complex, and we are beside a very busy road. We went down to the swimming pool area, where there is lots of grass, but is also close to the road. Across the road is a park and picnic area and woods with a river, we take them on walks there lot during the day, but not a night. I had Dozer on his leash, and hubby had Blossom on her leash, she was really excited and was pulling, and she slipped out of her collar, leaving my hubby holding the leash and collar in his hand. We tried calling her in a playful way, hoping she would come to us, and not bolt the other waybtomthe road. I was trying not to panic, but was freaking out inside. She bolted and ran across the road, and then just stopped on the grass, and sat there and waited for us to come across the street, and looked at us so pretty while we put the collar back on her. It was just extremely lucky that there was a red light at the top of the Intersection, and no traffic coming the other way, normally this road is extremely busy with cars in both directions. I guess because it was late at night, it was quiet. Thank Goodness. I was so scared and I just froze as she bolted across the street. It happened so fast, and I was shaking after, at the thought of what could have happened. She definetely had a guardian bully angel that night. So glad Holly is okay, and everything turned out fine. They sure do know how to scare us though.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad to hear she didn't run off… Our Bella got loose one time & ran down the hill right in front of the school bus, I about had a heart attack!!! :yell: I was screaming her name, but she was more interested in some terrier going for a run w/his owner!!! Luckily the bus driver saw her… Dang bullies!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.