Spot on Hooey's eye ball

hparker37

Feb 13, 2012
Kingwood, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooey
Hooey has had a white spot on his eyeball for a few weeks ago. It doesn't bother him.. But I can see it. The only way I could get a pic of it was with the flash on..it's the glowing looking spot (flash made it look different) it's a white color.. Almost like a cataract would look on a human. Anyone ever seen one of these??
ujeny4y9.jpg
4a5ybe6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow... great picture of the eye, but I have never seen anything like that either

OP
hparker37

hparker37

Feb 13, 2012
Kingwood, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooey
I was just googling & I'm thinking he may have scratched his eye ball. The pics look similar.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I don't have a clue as to what that could be. Maybe a trip to the vet is in order.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Do you have a good, experienced bully vet? If so, I'd take him in as scratches,
etc can really cause damage fast. Not to scare you and most likely just needs
medication but needs to be seen asap. Other issue is he could be in pain and
not showing it, bullies capacity for pain is off the charts. Please let us know, I
will keep y'all in prayer~GOD bless.

cslafferty

Jan 17, 2011
Linden, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola (1/31/11) & Chief (9/18/00-12/30/10)
Doubt that it's a scratch. My bully scratched his eyeball while playing with my boston terrier, and he kept rubbing his face and wouldn't open his eye, and it just kept watering. It's very painful (happened to me once, too). My boston has a white spot on her eye that the vet found during a routine exam. We've been watching it for about 3 years now, and it hasn't grown and doesn't ever seem to bother her. The vet is thinking it's a calcium deposit. Better safe than sorry, tho - I'd probably get it checked out.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
To be honest I think its a reflection of the light. Our Frenchie used to have this and I see it every once in awhile in Buster's eye.

OP
hparker37

hparker37

Feb 13, 2012
Kingwood, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooey
Thank you all for the help! I don't think it is a reflection, I can see it at all times even when there isn't light. It doesn't seem to bother him at all.. No itching or abnormal watering so maybe the calcium deposit is a possibility. I will let everyone know what the vet says once we take him in. Thank you all again :)

dodgetail

Nov 11, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dodge
That looks the same on my friend's boxer, he's 9 years old with a cataract. Better to visit a vet for a closer look. Hope its nothing.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My Frenchie has one eye that was scratched by another pup,when she was still w/the litter.. She had a white spot like that in her eye. I had drops to put in it. one eye still has white spot on it, but she can see. The eye never did seem to bother her at all.
Yes, I would like to ad that the veterinarian needs to check it out to determine what it is.....did not mean for you not to go.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would have a vet look at it to make sure there is not an ulcer, my Molly had two in one eye and she never showed any rubbing or squinting, and it was so bad!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I have no idea what it is I just wanted to say I hope your baby is better soon.

OP
hparker37

hparker37

Feb 13, 2012
Kingwood, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooey
We haven't been yet.. He's due for a check up in a few weeks. I'll keep everyone updated!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online