brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ok peeps, Brutus is on the mend I think. My question is I dont think he is pooping the same amount he usually does. I have been feeding him about a cup of boiled sirloin and white rice three times a day. This morning he did not do his usual poop until the afternoon. And he just went out to do his last potty before bedtime and pooped but again not alot. Any thoughts? I am always so worried he has eaten something that I did not see. He is eating peeing and drinking all normally. Honestly I think Brutus is making me a hypochondriac. :nervous:He has not vomited in two days also.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Poor Brutus' digestive system needs some readjustment, especially given that he's on this bland diet. I think it's okay that he's not having normal poops at the moment. I'm glad he's going at least. Give him some more time and the fact that he hasn't vomited is a very good sign. I know when Tate or Finn have GI problems and i put them on bland, they will not have their "normal" poop habits right away either.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor Brutus' digestive system needs some readjustment, especially given that he's on this bland diet. I think it's okay that he's not having normal poops at the moment. I'm glad he's going at least. Give him some more time and the fact that he hasn't vomited is a very good sign. I know when Tate or Finn have GI problems and i put them on bland, they will not have their "normal" poop habits right away either.

Ok. I was worried maybe something was blocking it from coming out. I will sleep better tonight. Thanks

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Since he is on a bland diet, he will poop a little less, because there are no fillers in it. Hope he continues to improve.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree with cali baker and davidh , so glad he's feeling better :up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Agreed with above too, give it a more time, it will alittle time to get back to normal. Bazza has had a bowel obstruction, he kept vomiting, he was trying to poo but couldn't even though he was trying, he looked so unwell that he didn't even wag his tail and looked so pained when walking.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
So glad Brutus is on the mend and feeling better. I agree with everyone's comments above, his stomach has been through an ordeal, and after all the vomiting, he doesn't have much in his stomach, and then you're feeding him a bland diet, so he will poop less. Hugs and prayers to both of you.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
When Shy had a bad belly she didn't have her normal poop amount neither -give him a few days xxx
Ps im glad your boy in on the mend xx

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone. You guys are great.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sorry I'm late on this… I agree w/everyone above. I would give him more time, the lack of vomiting is a good sign!!! Hopefully he will be his good ol' self soon :D

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
That's great that he's not vomiting anymore! I had Chum in the bland for awhile and his poop production was low too! He'll be back to normal soon.

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
Great news that he is no longer vomiting. I am sure it will take him a few days to return to normal :)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
So glad to hear Brutus is on the mend! They do tend to make us hypochondriacs Gee's we are always watching their food and water intake and the pee and poo output LOL to make sure its normal.:lmaogirl:

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I was at the blissful stage where my children ages 21, 17, and 14 are at the stage of being pretty much self sufficient. My husband and I could start taking weekend end trips and such, AND THEN WE GOT A BULLDOG! !! I am back to infancy. He's a handful but I love every minute of it. Whatever grey the kids missed, Brutus is hitting.

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
I was at the blissful stage where my children ages 21, 17, and 14 are at the stage of being pretty much self sufficient. My husband and I could start taking weekend end trips and such, AND THEN WE GOT A BULLDOG! !! I am back to infancy. He's a handful but I love every minute of it. Whatever grey the kids missed, Brutus is hitting.

This is how I feel :) the girls are all getting older and I thought I would be able to go out and start doing more with my hobby of restoring old furniture. Please, now I have 2 bulldogs that think my only job in life is to cater to them lol
As you, I love my babies dearly.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.