Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your bullies nickname ... aka how to annoy the hubby .... hehehe

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Your bullies nickname ... aka how to annoy the hubby .... hehehe

So ......... we finally get the English Bulldog MALE puppy that the hubby had been wanting for so long AND he's a rescue from an Amish puppy mill which ticks all the boxes that make me happy.

He gets called Daddy ..... aka the butch manly name ..... and the second name Blue has a special meaning to us etc etc etc.

To my husbands utmost horror and amazement .... I have come across a nickname for his BIG MANLY BRUTE OF BULLDOG .......

Cupcake

Now what's wrong with that???

You should hear the sighs and complaints and "tutting" that I get everytime I call Daddy my little cupcake ....... so of course now I do it even more!!! >.<

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Your bullies nickname ... aka how to annoy the hubby .... hehehe

LOL I love it! Samson has so many nicknames it's ridiculous and some of them are less than masculine as well

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

thats great i love the name cupcake!!!! when we first got lex i started calling him lexter, jeff kinda sighed at that and really didnt say anything.... well a month or so goes by and everytime lex would get into something he wasnt supposed to ect i started calling him lexter wayne.. o everytime i "middle named" him jeff would mutter something under his breath probably something bad lol and jeff was like really?? why!!! i said i dont know just kinda goes together... finally after 8 months of calling lex that jeff has started calling him that!!!! haha love it
    and now when i middle name lex he knows he's in or fixin to get in trouble lol...

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Well, you know the "nickname to annoy your spouse" can work both ways. We all call Gertie "Gertie-Gert". Ida doesn't have a nickname, til my 12 year old granddaughter was here and my husband called Ida "Ida-ho". My granddaughter told him "Don't call her a Ho,Grampa". He just thought that was hilarious, so he calls her that pretty often. I don't like it, but I keep quiet because if he knew it bugs me, he'd never stop saying it.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gertie's Mom View Post
    Well, you know the "nickname to annoy your spouse" can work both ways. We all call Gertie "Gertie-Gert". Ida doesn't have a nickname, til my 12 year old granddaughter was here and my husband called Ida "Ida-ho". My granddaughter told him "Don't call her a Ho,Grampa". He just thought that was hilarious, so he calls her that pretty often. I don't like it, but I keep quiet because if he knew it bugs me, he'd never stop saying it.
    That is SO funny!!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Well...we got over that "manly" stuff along time ago. I mean really? How can you turn your nose up at a name like cupcake when you are the sweetest and the biggest baby talker to the puppies? My husband has got his own language that he uses when talking to Vegas and O. He makes up sweet little nursery rhymes that he will sing them. One day...I will get him on video.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Not really a nick-name but my husband is constantly telling Vegas he is a "mommy's boy" and kind of makes fun of him or tries to tease him by constantly saying it to him, of course Vegas could care less and neither do I because we both know he is.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Bryce has reinvented everyones names here. Funny thing is we all kinda followed suit on the first three. Molly is mama, Mandy is Mimi, yuna is Uma, tidus is puppy, and Jesse is sessy. I pretty much call tidus Buddy and Jesse we call Jess.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

My husband calls Vegas "daddy's little bear". Since he doesn't have a tail..he totally looks like he has a bear butt. Not bare, but bear.
    Orion..she is refered to as "daddy's baby girl". Those are his nicknames for them. He is so masculine. He adds this sweet, high pitched, excited voice when he talks to them.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Brodie
    Likes (Received)

I kinda think cupcake is cute...he is your little cupcake! I don't see anything wrong with that. We call lola, Lu-Lu. Now our 2nd one that will be arriving 12:58 tomorrow - my stomach already hurts and i will be a wreck tomorrow until I see him, we are having a hard time with a name much less a nickname. Hubby is looking for that manly name like Brutus or Grunt or something like that, oh well....funny my 5 year old daughter said "daddy, Tarzan is a manly name he lives in the jungle"....yeah no not tarzan. We are somewhat comprismising on Odie, Oscar and I am still hung up on Louie, but to close to Lola.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

I have to say my husband is probably worse than me with the "cutesy" talk to the dogs - I won't even say what he says to Truman when he takes him outside for the last time at night but he literally carries him out the door because he's "too sleepy to walk."

Okay, okay, my husband calls Truman's poop a "doodle." Good Lord.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

these are too funny! When I come home and let Bacon out of his crate i think im more excited then he is! I call him my little presh (short for precious ), bakey, and my baby. Kyle then tells me hes not my "baby" :curse:

Yes he is!
    <3 Bacon and Danny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads