Your bullies nickname ... aka how to annoy the hubby .... hehehe

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
So ......... we finally get the English Bulldog MALE puppy that the hubby had been wanting for so long AND he's a rescue from an Amish puppy mill which ticks all the boxes that make me happy.

He gets called Daddy ..... aka the butch manly name ..... and the second name Blue has a special meaning to us etc etc etc.

To my husbands utmost horror and amazement .... I have come across a nickname for his BIG MANLY BRUTE OF BULLDOG .......

Cupcake

Now what's wrong with that???

You should hear the sighs and complaints and "tutting" that I get everytime I call Daddy my little cupcake ....... so of course now I do it even more!!! :up:>.<:whistle:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
thats great i love the name cupcake!!!! when we first got lex i started calling him lexter, jeff kinda sighed at that and really didnt say anything.... well a month or so goes by and everytime lex would get into something he wasnt supposed to ect i started calling him lexter wayne.. o everytime i "middle named" him jeff would mutter something under his breath probably something bad lol and jeff was like really?? why!!! i said i dont know just kinda goes together... finally after 8 months of calling lex that jeff has started calling him that!!!! haha love it
and now when i middle name lex he knows he's in or fixin to get in trouble lol...

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Well, you know the "nickname to annoy your spouse" can work both ways. We all call Gertie "Gertie-Gert". Ida doesn't have a nickname, til my 12 year old granddaughter was here and my husband called Ida "Ida-ho". My granddaughter told him "Don't call her a Ho,Grampa". He just thought that was hilarious, so he calls her that pretty often. I don't like it, but I keep quiet because if he knew it bugs me, he'd never stop saying it. :rolleyes:

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Well, you know the "nickname to annoy your spouse" can work both ways. We all call Gertie "Gertie-Gert". Ida doesn't have a nickname, til my 12 year old granddaughter was here and my husband called Ida "Ida-ho". My granddaughter told him "Don't call her a Ho,Grampa". He just thought that was hilarious, so he calls her that pretty often. I don't like it, but I keep quiet because if he knew it bugs me, he'd never stop saying it. :rolleyes:

That is SO funny!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Well...we got over that "manly" stuff along time ago. I mean really? How can you turn your nose up at a name like cupcake when you are the sweetest and the biggest baby talker to the puppies? My husband has got his own language that he uses when talking to Vegas and O. He makes up sweet little nursery rhymes that he will sing them. One day...I will get him on video.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Not really a nick-name but my husband is constantly telling Vegas he is a "mommy's boy" and kind of makes fun of him or tries to tease him by constantly saying it to him, of course Vegas could care less and neither do I because we both know he is.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Bryce has reinvented everyones names here. Funny thing is we all kinda followed suit on the first three. Molly is mama, Mandy is Mimi, yuna is Uma, tidus is puppy, and Jesse is sessy. I pretty much call tidus Buddy and Jesse we call Jess.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
My husband calls Vegas "daddy's little bear". Since he doesn't have a tail..he totally looks like he has a bear butt. Not bare, but bear.
Orion..she is refered to as "daddy's baby girl". Those are his nicknames for them. He is so masculine. He adds this sweet, high pitched, excited voice when he talks to them.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
I kinda think cupcake is cute...he is your little cupcake! I don't see anything wrong with that. We call lola, Lu-Lu. Now our 2nd one that will be arriving 12:58 tomorrow - my stomach already hurts and i will be a wreck tomorrow until I see him, we are having a hard time with a name much less a nickname. Hubby is looking for that manly name like Brutus or Grunt or something like that, oh well....funny my 5 year old daughter said "daddy, Tarzan is a manly name he lives in the jungle"....yeah no not tarzan. We are somewhat comprismising on Odie, Oscar and I am still hung up on Louie, but to close to Lola.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I have to say my husband is probably worse than me with the "cutesy" talk to the dogs - I won't even say what he says to Truman when he takes him outside for the last time at night but he literally carries him out the door because he's "too sleepy to walk."

Okay, okay, my husband calls Truman's poop a "doodle." Good Lord.

Bacon

Sep 9, 2010
West Branch Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
these are too funny! When I come home and let Bacon out of his crate i think im more excited then he is! I call him my little presh (short for precious :eek:), bakey, and my baby. Kyle then tells me hes not my "baby" :curse:

Yes he is! :luv:

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
We call Cadence (Cadi) ol' lady, and Chesty- Chester ... the kids Echo and Mello....The big thing is that I call Echo daddy's boy and my husband has a fit and says he is not his dad...that Chesty is.... but when he talks to them, and wants them to come to me....go see mom...mom has something for you... Go figure!!!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Ummmm Well before we got Gracie, "someone" insisted we wouldn't be calling her silly sissy term of endearment names as is typical of most dogs. The same "someone" also said "he" didn't want any dog kissing on him.

Well "guess who" not only allows kissing...but encourages it...and also calls his little princess all sorts of endearing things.
But then he also says she's not a dog. She's Gracie!
LOL

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Ummmm Well before we got Gracie, "someone" insisted we wouldn't be calling her silly sissy term of endearment names as is typical of most dogs. The same "someone" also said "he" didn't want any dog kissing on him.

Well "guess who" not only allows kissing...but encourages it...and also calls his little princess all sorts of endearing things.
But then he also says she's not a dog. She's Gracie!
LOL

That is so cute.....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online