Harness size

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Quick question for everybody. We use a harness for Seamus not because he pulls (unless he is playing with another dog) but more because I usually have to pull him since he drags behind me all the time.

I am wondering if my harness is too small and maybe that is why a) he walks so slowly and b) he hates his harness. Like he runs away whenever I bring it out

Seamus weighs between 60-65lbs and we have a medium harness that is open all the way around his belly. I am wondering if I need to go get him a large harness.

Any suggestions would be welcome! Sorry I don't have any pictures to post. Thanks!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I would go with the large size harness; those can always be adjust down and better for him to be comfortable than feeling too constricted w/his harness and running away from it! (tho my boys run too whenever they see me w/their leash)!

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I highly recommend the Dozer harnesses. They are the only harnesses that fit Gunny correctly.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I bought a 2 XXL harness for Buster that he's grown into. He may just not like to go out for walks, there's a lot of people that have bully's who despise going for walks.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think the large would fit a little better, but he may just hate his harness. Buddy hated his harness and would not walk very well on it, so we would usually use his collar for walks.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I think the large should be good for his size. Rocco weighs about half that and is using a Medium.

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
Harley around 70lbs and hates his leash, collar and harness as soon as we get into our apt. the war is on....his favorite game! all are chewed up. So far he's been using the half collar with chain it seems comfortable and durable. I have yet to find a harness to fit his big head an thick neck hahaha! I have in the past wrigged up his harness around his waist or chest, then pulled (collar attched to harness) through collar already around his neck anyway hard to explain but it work great in a pinch!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I use a step-in harness. I used to have the "Roman" type harness, and one day outside the vets, my dog just somehow was out of it! It was NOT loose. He is on a busy road, and it scared me to death! Now I only use step-in harnesses. Lupine has very good ones, and they will replace if chewed or broken. My Maude weighs 61 lbs., and still has her medium-but now will wear a large. They have a website, where you can see them. The material is tough, and they do not stretchl out. Hope this helps! I would recommend you get a large.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.