Help us Make a puppy decision!!!

OP
TomnZon

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
Thanks everyone!! Soooooo...sounds like breeder #2 is the one to go with?! :luv:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I'm thinking if you go visit #2 first then you won't even need to go visit #1.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am thinking I want the second male, with brindle eyes and the brindle spot on his shoulders... def. go to the breeder #2's house- forget about breeder #1. They sound like bybs to me.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well I am late on input and everyone has said everything I think. lol. I agree go with breeder #2, They sound much better than the first. My boys would never sleep outside with a heater or not so why would a puppy? Big no no to me let alone all the other things pointed out that I didnt even notice.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
... wondering if [MENTION=1546]TomnZon[/MENTION] have a new baby bullie?????? :whistle:

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Well said Desertskybulldogs and Jillh10. I like both your statements...I would not even go to #1 one of the pups has bad eyes... sorry JMO they look runny. Being keep out side is a no-no... Where is all the hands one when they are out side. you need to watch these guys at all times when they are little.... I am not so into natural bith with them but some can do it....Cadi lost one as she went into labor the moring she was to have her C-section... you could lose a whole litter by not getting her to a vet in time.... (I am venting here I think) but that all being said and done.... pups are ok now so that is of no matter. Call the vet that has seen them for shots, askthe vet questions about the litter .... litters should be registered, but new owner registered the pup when they get it. ask to see the mom and dads AKC regisrations too seeing that shows you they are the parents... make sure they are the parents, watch the pups make sure they play together well. well that is a few things to think about.... make sure you take the pup to the vet for a health check right away too.

OP
TomnZon

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] ....we put a deposit down on a pup!!!!!! He's 4 weeks old so we have to wait 4 more weeks!!! We posted pix check him out!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1546]TomnZon[/MENTION] OH yes!! Saw your post with the pics ... just SO adorabull!!

If I were you I think I'd be visiting my baby as many times as they would let me ........... just SO beautiful!! :luv:

OP
TomnZon

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
THANKS GUUYS!! We are so excited! [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION].............the breeder said we can visit any time we'd like...only problem is that he's about 3 hours away from where we live:*( maybe one day after xmas we will go see him.... but it really is a whole day production just to go see him for a lil bit!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Hopefully the breeder will send you updated pics every week, since visits aren't going to happen often. Congrats! The 4 weeks will be come and gone in no time and he'll be home with you.

tubbys_dad

Mar 27, 2010
Banning, Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I wouuld ask if either breeder shows or has shown their breeding "stock" Show dogs look the best and tend to be the healthiest. I hope it turns out good for you and your family. Also if they dont ask enough questions to you like your living situation, where you plan to keep the pup, what kind of food you plan on feeding, etc. then they might just be in it for the money. Also did they health test the mom and dad. If they got a stud then you could research him on the AKC website and see if he has been tested and if he is pointed. I wish that i would have researched the breed way better before i got tubby. She is an awesome dog just has a few kinks that was from poor breeding practices.

Kathryn Thomas

Nov 25, 2010
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bayou Beau Winston Cropley
I am a bulldog breeder. When I am shopping for a new bulldog to add, I look for puppies with the best pedigree i can afford. Count the number of Champions in their 3-5 generation pedigree. I want to see lots of champions in each generation. Champions in their background tell me a couple of things....1 is that they fit the AKC bulldog standard for conformation and that they look like a bulldog is supposed to look. 2nd is it tells me that these were show dogs who were successful in winning.....they had to be healthy to be in the show ring and healthy background is very important to know. We only purchase and breed multi-champion blood lines for these reasons, as well as other reasons. You want to see both parents, and grandparents if possible. Chances are, they are going to look very much like one of them. The pedigree will also reflect if they are linebreeding or cross breeding, etc.... We do not like to breed daughters to fathers, etc.... Good luck with your search and new ownership of this great breed. They are such a delight.

Tanker

Dec 29, 2010
Parkersburg, WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Tanker or Tank or Tankie..Depends on his expression.
I am late also about giving input and I'm going to look the pictures here in a second. I am wondering if the first breeders were amish or something similar. Notice the clothing, blankets and could be the reason that they keep them outside..just sayin'.

Keep us updated once he arrives.. Good luck!:)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.