Help us Make a puppy decision!!!

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
Hiii..... We have been searching for a pup! Finally spoke thoroughly with 2 different breeders in PA. Can you give us your input on which one sounds better??? We want a male pup...

Breeder #1

Has 2 males available.
Born oct 25 - ready to be taken home dec 20
This is the mama bull's first litter. She's only about 2 years old.
Litter registered..not individual pups, yet.
First time breeding English bulls. Has bred pugs in the past.
Pups are currently kept in a small kennel outside of the house with heist lamps. Mama goes in and out.
Breeder has children that play with the pups.
1 year health guarantee
Comes with vet health certain and all shots

OR

Breeder #2

Has males
Pups both nov. 11
Ready to take home Jan. 6th
Mama bully is 3 years old. This is her 2nd litter
Akc registered, vet papers, shots
Has 4 children under age of 12 that play with pups
Pups are in the house with the mom
Has a condition of sale. Gave a ton of background info About the breed to us.
Has been breeding for 6 years
Mom gave birth naturally! Said she did great.

We are going to check out both litters hopefully this weekend because they are both in PA. Does one sound particularly like the better choice from the descriptions posted?! We want to be pointed in the right direction :)

Any feedback, opinions, advice...would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!
Both litter pictures are soooo cute and beautiful!!!

Tom and Zon:D

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
One from each :heart:....wish I could help ...but cant' so will say good luck! :pray:. Our 2nd bullie is being flown in from MO Friday so until I know I made a good decision I am not giving any advice :up:, although I am pretty sure I did.....Can't wait to hear how it turns out. There are a lot of great people on here so you will get some good advice.

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
hmmm...what are their colors like? Breeder #2 sounds very much like the breeder we got Chester from, pups in the house, etc. My guess is that whichever house you go to first, will be the only house you go to ;) Are mom and dad on site? Chester's were and I felt good about that. But honestly, he's the first bully we've ever owned, so I'm not the most knowledgeable.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The only real way to know is to actually go to the home and see the pups. Do not leave without the papers. Any pictures?

OP
TomnZon

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
They are brown and white, which is what we want! There are pix on the ads...found thrum from breeders club.net

Mom is on site for both places! Pups in the house we like.... Wasn't sure if thrum bein outside in a kennel with heat lamps was a negative? Or if pups being born naturally,not c section, was a negative? We are both new at this and are impulsive! I'm trying to be level headed before any big decision.

Here's the link for breeder #2. U can see the pix
English Bulldogs (Bullies)

Here's breeder #1 link to see pic!

Who's cuter!?!?!?!?!?!

OP
TomnZon

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
They are brown and white, which is what we want! There are pix on the ads...found thrum from breeders club.net

Mom is on site for both places! Pups in the house we like.... Wasn't sure if thrum bein outside in a kennel with heat lamps was a negative? Or if pups being born naturally,not c section, was a negative? We are both new at this and are impulsive! I'm trying to be level headed before any big decision.

Here's the link for breeder #2. U can see the pix

Here's breeder #1 link to see pic!

Who's cuter!?!?!?!?!?!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well heck they are all adorable. In my honest opinion, being outside in a kennel is a BIG no no for me. Just how I feel. Outside in a kennel--- IN PA??? I would worry about the health.

Some bulldogs can have a natural whelp- if monitored closely by a vet- who is ready at any sign of water babies or extended labor- to give that c-section.....but this would make me question how 'pure blood' your new puppy is. I guess not that it really matters, because I am not even sure if that is important to you. Seeing the father of the litter is important. You gotta figure 50% of the genes are coming from daddy.

Seeing mom and dad from breeder #2 is important. I also wonder why there is different blankets in the background for each puppy? Seems a bit odd. Anyone breeding for quality would also make sure they take photos that are not blurry??? Maybe I am just too picky..... but I am when it comes to bullies. Sorry....

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Aw, they are all cute pups so you know that you can't go wrong with any of them that way.

First, I would recommend also that you visit both places. Look carefully at the parents - photos or in person - because that is what the puppy with grow up and look like. They don't stay tiny puppies and there can be quite a bit of variation in size, underbite, coloring and other things.

Second, a home visit will give you a better idea of how the puppies are being cared for. Interaction with humans and other puppies at this stage is crucial so you want to get the puppy that is the best cared for, socialized, and nurtured. It's extremely important.

Third, you mention you are impulsive so I just want to remind you that the $2000 you spend on the bulldog puppy is the cheapest thing about owning a bulldog. They are a breed that requires special care and attention - including high quality food, an experienced bulldog vet, a hands on dog owner, and, above all, they need you - your time and attention - that is what they thrive on. Nothing else will substitute. So they are a big time, money, and effort investment but, of course, ask any owner, the love and joy you receive from their companionship is returned 100 fold.

I would lean towards the pups kept in the house, if it were me but you need to go visit both places and go with your gut.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Ooooooo [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] .. you're good!!! I didn't even notice the different color blankets on Breeder #1 pics!!! Let me also get this right [MENTION=1546]TomnZon[/MENTION] .... the Breeder #1 pics are from the people who have just started breeding and have the pups outside?

Well I think for me it's the whole "keeping the pups outside" bit that would put me off a bit ...... but I'm no expert!! I think that anybody who loves the english bulldog as much as most of us here do , would never dream of having our babies outside. Some of us would probably end up in the kennel with heist lamps whilst the bullies sleep cozily on the beds inside ... not mentioning any names! :whistle:

My gut instinct would be to go and see Breeder #2 after doing lots of research ... this website has a good article about what to look for in a bullie pup ... and just go with all of your instincts on red alert for anything that just doesn't seem right!!

OP
TomnZon

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
Thanks everyone for your input :up:

Lol....didn't really pay attention to the different blankets in the background for each pup !!! Interesting! Also, only moms are available to see. Both have pictures of the dad.

We are veryyyy picky too. But of course once you see the little guy, nothing else matters. Think I'm leaning towards the pups in the house too...but we will go check out both of them :bully:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Thanks everyone for your input :up:

Lol....didn't really pay attention to the different blankets in the background for each pup !!! Interesting! Also, only moms are available to see. Both have pictures of the dad.

We are veryyyy picky too. But of course once you see the little guy, nothing else matters. Think I'm leaning towards the pups in the house too...but we will go check out both of them :bully:

Just a thought ... as much as we all WANT to believe we'll go see them both ... there is also a strong chance that you will fall in love with a bullie from the first litter and not want to leave it ... that's the kind of effect bullies have on you!! :luv:

OP
TomnZon

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
Kazzy220,
Yes breeder #1 pix r from the guy who is a first time bulldog breeder........

And I am kinda with you on that....sleeping with the pups in outside kennel! Kinda thru me off a bit when he said that. But we will see what it looks like when we go this weekend!:bully:

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
Here is why i DO NOT like breeder 1.
-"GREAT CHRISTMAS PRESENT.... DON'T MISS OUT", an english bulldog is NOT a 'present', they are a 8-14 year time love and patience commitment!
-They refer to the dogs first by number, then by name. Like items on an invoice?!
-Each pup is pictured on a different surface like desertsky pointed out. that's weird.
-"CHECK OUT THEIR MARKINGS......WOW!" seriously? sell me a sham wow while you're at it.
-No picture of mama or daddy.

I know i'm weird, but i just get a bad feeling from them. :confused:

-Lastly, if ANY of the dogs are being kept outdoors in the winter, heating lamps or not, that is no place for a bulldog.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Here is why i DO NOT like breeder 1.
-"GREAT CHRISTMAS PRESENT.... DON'T MISS OUT", an english bulldog is NOT a 'present', they are a 8-14 year time love and patience commitment!
-They refer to the dogs first by number, then by name. Like items on an invoice?!
-Each pup is pictured on a different surface like desertsky pointed out. that's weird.
-"CHECK OUT THEIR MARKINGS......WOW!" seriously? sell me a sham wow while you're at it.
-No picture of mama or daddy.

I know i'm weird, but i just get a bad feeling from them. :confused:

-Lastly, if ANY of the dogs are being kept outdoors in the winter, heating lamps or not, that is no place for a bulldog.

I noticed the "selling points" too [MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] - pets should never be encouraged as Christmas presents. It seemed kind of sketchy.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
And....come on! Why not give us a photo that is actually in focus? I'd like to see if the eyes and nose are clear! You don't get to see any of that with the photos from breeder 1. [MENTION=1546]TomnZon[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.