charlottebishop13

Nov 7, 2013
Hi I'm new to this site, and have never had a bulldog before. I've just bought a pup 'Bruno' & hoping to bringing him home in a couple of weeks :)

I getting really excited and have started buying lots.... Does anybody know what size collar he will need @ 8 weeks?
Also if anybody could give me advice on the best food to put him on that would b grate!

X
rujyqapu.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco still wears the collar provided by the breeder which is adjustable. After a few weeks you will definitey want to switch to a harness fo walks instead. As far as food goes, there are so many options out there but many (including myself) have had success with Fromm's. Maybe you can start on their puppy gold formula. Be sure to check out the Dog Food Ratings as well it's in one of the stickies. Do you happen to know what the breeder is feeding them now? can imagine the excitement and anxiety you must be feeling rght now! Welcome and congrats!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. You have been given some good info above me so not much else for me to add.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and those are some beautiful pups. The collar, I would just take him to a pet store after you get him and fit him to it and get one that is adjustable, so it will last him a little while. We feed our pups FROMM Puppy Gold in the Pink bag and have always had good luck with it.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hey Charlotte, and Welcome to EBN. I'm not sure about the collar, But when you start walking him outside, I'm sure you would probably want to switch to a harness, as they have so much trouble breathing already, a neck collar could be a bad idea, especially with a baby pulling, getting use to going for walks etc. The Harness would distribute the pull to his chest area, away from his neck, These are powerful animals. I stopped at Petco the other day to get both my boys Nails clipped, and the Groomer was amazed at how small, but strong, with no fat these precious babies have.

On your second question about food, I would suggest Fromms puppy formula, that is what our breeders use, and with great results, I'll also include the Food ratings page within this post, you can always see where across the board a food rates, and thats not just this site but all the sites. Please explore the sight, check out the Articles page, and please don't hesitate to ask questions, Bully's are our Favorite subject, We know something about them, being we all have at least one, Except for the mistress of Mayhem who has dozens of little bundles of love lol.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?219-Dog-Food-Ratings&=

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
PUPPIES!!! :babysleep:

:welcome3: to EBN! Best of luck with your new baby.... get a medium collar and make it as small as you can, he will grow into it quickly. Also, it really should not be on in the house as when they play it can get caught on things

OP
charlottebishop13

charlottebishop13

Nov 7, 2013
Oh ok thanks a lot. Perhaps I'll ditch the collar then & go for a harness. She's just starting to ween them off the mother ATM as there only 4 weeks old
5u2umu9a.jpg
she did say if I had any recommendations of food then she would start him on whatever I wanted.
I was also wondering about injections & micro chips
the breeder said she had the last litter microchipped at 8 weeks but thought they were a bit to young as they bled a lot. I want to get him microchipped. What ages did u have urs done?
Also I'm due to get him 7th December & the breeder has said she will give him his first injection. I normally go to my parents for Xmas & they have 3 shitzhus. Will this b a problem? X

Last edited:

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Welcome to EBN!! You came to the right place for good info. By the way, Bruno is very cute!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
OMG that is a lot of bully puppy love right there I just want to crawl into the middle of them and sleep with them. You have been given some great advice above so not really much to add except WELCOME to EBN!!! This is my favorite place to be.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Your bully baby is adorable...

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
WELCOME to EBN!!! This is my favorite place to be.[/QUOTE]

Lol, it really is, Jennifer is absolutely right, you'll soon find out
just HOW addicting this place is...pssst, I think they put something
in the koolade. I'm hiring this detective I know, she'll find out!

​@ddene

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online