This is what I'm talking about!! This touched my heart, hope it touches yours.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
An old man was going for a walk, when he noticed a little boy feeding a thin, shaggy looking dog with bits of bread. He went up to the boy and asked him why he was sharing his bread with the dogs.
The little boy answered, "Because they have nothing. No home, no family, and if I don’t feed them they will die." “But there are homeless dogs everywhere," the old man replied. “So your efforts don’t really make a difference” The little boy looked at the dog and stroked him. “But for this little dog, it makes all the difference in the world.” and this is the reason were all here, for the Babies, We can't save them all, but to the few, We make all the difference in the world. They Love us unconditionally, their Love is not fake, Please return the Love. Thank You.

1453267_483036095149276_1719943927_n.jpg

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I love this. It reminds me of the starfish story.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
out of the mouths of babes

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Such wisdom from a little kid. If only the adults would catch on. It makes me happy to know all that have been raised in my house cherish animals and it is the same for those at EBN. This I think is a good start.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
One baby at a time…
Thanks for sharing this Casper, a reminder that those we CAN touch we can truly make a difference… :heart:

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
This is what this story reminds me of. This is one of my wife's favorites.

While walking along a beach, an elderly gentleman saw someone in the distance leaning down, picking something up and throwing it into the ocean.
As he got closer, he noticed that the figure was that of a young man, picking up starfish one by one and tossing each one gently back into the water.
He came closer still and called out, “Good morning! May I ask what it is that you are doing?”
The young man paused, looked up, and replied “Throwing starfish into the ocean.”
The old man smiled, and said, “I must ask, then, why are you throwing starfish into the ocean?”
To this, the young man replied, “The sun is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them in, they’ll die.”
Upon hearing this, the elderly observer commented, “But, young man, do you not realise that there are miles and miles of beach and there are starfish all along every mile? You can’t possibly make a difference!”
The young man listened politely. Then he bent down, picked up another starfish, threw it into the back into the ocean past the breaking waves and said, “It made a difference for that one.”

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I love both stories. We may think we're not making a difference when we do the little things, but if we feed just one person, save just one animal, pick up just one piece of trash, say one kind word to someone, hold one door open for someone, or give one person a hug or a smile, then you have made all the difference in that one persons life, and if everyone in this world did just one act of random kindness to just one person, then imagine how many people you would make a difference to.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If just one person does something nice for someone, it will catch on. As I said earlier, if the children see you doing the right thing, they will also, and this has the potential to grow go on for generations.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Oh, how many years of my life I spent bringing home strays........all kinds of animals. Just can do it anymore,things are not like they used to be. It breaks my heart. Ya' know, I could never even watch LASSIE as a kid, because I couldn't take it if she got hurt! Still can't watch. Years ago my son bought me the movie LION KING, when it came out. I still have not watched it! I have enough depression-can't take it!! 30 seconds into the horse whisperer nearly killed me!! They say "you can't save the world" but I sure wish I could save the animal world,from uncaring people! You people on EBN have given
me some hope-there ARE still good people................You all are "the cream of the crop!!!

Last edited:
OP
Casper

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Oh, how many years of my life I spent bringing home strays........all kinds of animals. Just can do it anymore,things are not like they used to be. It breaks my heart. Ya' know, I could never even watch LASSIE as a kid, because I couldn't take it if she got hurt! Still can't watch. Years ago my son bought me the movie LION KING, when it came out. I still have not watched it! I have enough depression-can't take it!! 30 seconds into the horse whisperer nearly killed me!! They say "you can't save the world" but I sure wish I could save the animal world,from uncaring people! You people on EBN have given
me some hope-there ARE still good people................You all are "the cream of the crop!!!

That's the Beauty of this story Lynn, You don't have to adopt a baby to save the world, With every post you make here on EBN to those who are willing to learn, your contributing to the English Bull Dog Babies, your touching a life, No matter how small or large the Post, your contributing to saving a life. The little boy walking down the street, seeing the Dog, Homeless, Ownerless, made just a small contribution of food, and that small contribution saved that baby for perhaps another day, The point i'm trying to drive home here, It doesn't matter if your wealthy or not, What does matter is you contributed what you could, contributions don't have to be in Dollars, but sometimes knowledge is more for our babies than any dollar. This is the point i'm trying to drive home, Some folks have money, some don't, but we all contribute what we can with Love. I often use the parable on this site, "If I locked Rocky or Rambo in the trunk of the car for the day, and opened the trunk lid that evening, Their Child Like Love wouldn't seek vengeance or understanding, Not at all, They would Love me More for setting them free." It's the child like Love and faith they give to us, that captures our hearts. Just yesterday I was reading threads from two of the BEST and MOST LOVING Breeders in the world, Lisa and David, which I have so much respect for, But they both told the story, the same story but differently, When their Babies have babies, The only thing between those babies and the Rainbow Bridge is their experience. Those babies depend on them for life, because without them, they would pass. Both of them give the most unselfish love known to man, and their contribution is Awesome, Some feel it's a small feat, People like me Admire them for what they do, Those babies depend on them for life. We all see contributions differently. A Million Dollars will not restore a pup who has passed, but the knowledge to help that baby before it passes is invaluable. Every post our members make to the threads that are out there, are seen as insignificant, But in Hindsight they are Not, that one post with your experience may be the most valuable piece of information a new member needs to save their baby. Whats important is the contributions made here. :yes: This is the point I want to drive home. God there are so many parables, and [MENTION=9767]GunnyHighway[/MENTION] Monica, Todd, Christine, Tracey, Cyndi, all pick up on it. I am not to proud to say I came to EBN to seek good solid advice to be a better dad to Rocky, I think I'm one of the worst Fathers alive, even though I try hard, Read back on the thread of Brushing their teeth, I purchased an Electric tooth brush, because I wanted to be thorough, Sure I thought I did the right thing, I didn't spare the cash, But my ignorance in using Crest toothpaste could have killed both of them, as pointed out by [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION], I felt horrible, Her contribution that day was a learning curve I made in never repeating that mistake, I wasn't judged by anyone on this sight for what I did, as a matter of fact it was hilarious in the way the boys chewed that electric toothbrush head apart, So we had a great Laugh, and even more importantly a Life Saving contribution. This touches my heart every time I read a thread, Good Solid advice, and a love for our babies makes this site what it is, And thats why the membership here is second to none, It's all about the Bully's. And this is what separates EBN from every other site in the world, we never loose sight of whats best for our babies, and even small and what someone thinks is insignificant information, maybe the key to saving a life. :yes: And this is what I love about EBN !!!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Great thread....reminds us all what to be thankful for and to strive to be the person our dogs think we are.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's the Beauty of this story Lynn, You don't have to adopt a baby to save the world, With every post you make here on EBN to those who are willing to learn, your contributing to the English Bull Dog Babies, your touching a life, No matter how small or large the Post, your contributing to saving a life. The little boy walking down the street, seeing the Dog, Homeless, Ownerless, made just a small contribution of food, and that small contribution saved that baby for perhaps another day, The point i'm trying to drive home here, It doesn't matter if your wealthy or not, What does matter is you contributed what you could, contributions don't have to be in Dollars, but sometimes knowledge is more for our babies than any dollar. This is the point i'm trying to drive home, Some folks have money, some don't, but we all contribute what we can with Love. I often use the parable on this site, "If I locked Rocky or Rambo in the trunk of the car for the day, and opened the trunk lid that evening, Their Child Like Love wouldn't seek vengeance or understanding, Not at all, They would Love me More for setting them free." It's the child like Love and faith they give to us, that captures our hearts. Just yesterday I was reading threads from two of the BEST and MOST LOVING Breeders in the world, Lisa and David, which I have so much respect for, But they both told the story, the same story but differently, When their Babies have babies, The only thing between those babies and the Rainbow Bridge is their experience. Those babies depend on them for life, because without them, they would pass. Both of them give the most unselfish love known to man, and their contribution is Awesome, Some feel it's a small feat, People like me Admire them for what they do, Those babies depend on them for life. We all see contributions differently. A Million Dollars will not restore a pup who has passed, but the knowledge to help that baby before it passes is invaluable. Every post our members make to the threads that are out there, are seen as insignificant, But in Hindsight they are Not, that one post with your experience may be the most valuable piece of information a new member needs to save their baby. Whats important is the contributions made here. :yes: This is the point I want to drive home. God there are so many parables, and @GunnyHighway Monica, Todd, Christine, Tracey, Cyndi, all pick up on it. I am not to proud to say I came to EBN to seek good solid advice to be a better dad to Rocky, I think I'm one of the worst Fathers alive, even though I try hard, Read back on the thread of Brushing their teeth, I purchased an Electric tooth brush, because I wanted to be thorough, Sure I thought I did the right thing, I didn't spare the cash, But my ignorance in using Crest toothpaste could have killed both of them, as pointed out by @Vikinggirl, I felt horrible, Her contribution that day was a learning curve I made in never repeating that mistake, I wasn't judged by anyone on this sight for what I did, as a matter of fact it was hilarious in the way the boys chewed that electric toothbrush head apart, So we had a great Laugh, and even more importantly a Life Saving contribution. This touches my heart every time I read a thread, Good Solid advice, and a love for our babies makes this site what it is, And thats why the membership here is second to none, It's all about the Bully's. And this is what separates EBN from every other site in the world, we never loose sight of whats best for our babies, and even small and what someone thinks is insignificant information, maybe the key to saving a life. :yes: And this is what I love about EBN !!!
:heartsign:

Most Reactions