First Time Boarding

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Hubby and I have to head out of town for a last minute work trip and were unable to get our family to watch Koozer, like they usually can. This means Koozer will be boarded for the night. The daycare/boarding facility that he goes to for daycare is wonderful! They are very bully friendly and knowledgeable and they have someone stay overnight in the facility with the dogs. Koozer LOVES going to daycare! I am just a nervous wreck because this is the first time he will spend the night there! Any words of encouragemnet to ease the anxiety?

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
It's great the Koozer already has a familiar place to go to. Honestly I think you might be more worried about the stay than he will be! It's not silly though, we all worry about our little ones when they aren't around! I mean I even worry when I'm just out for a couple hours at night!

One really nice thing that our boarders do, if requested is take pics of our guys and email/test them to us. If you have a good enough relationship with the kennel they might do the same thing.

Good luck! Things will be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Btw I usually find my dogs don't want to leave when I pick them up after an over night stay! Right now we have a great boarding place :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Yeah jameson loves his daycare and has a hissy fit when i pick him up...good chance that if he loves daycare he won't miss ya..sorry..jameson prefers boarding/daycare than my parents

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He will be one tired bot when you pick him up... two straight days of daycare and I'm sure he will not sleep - but he will when he gets home.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with everyone's comments, and even if we leave them with family or friends, we will still worry. I think as long as he's already familiar with the daycare, and he likes it there, then he will be fine with you leaving him, also I think that if you are comfortable with the place and the people you are leaving him with, then you will have peace of mind.

OP
Gfitz911

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
Thank you all so much for the words of encouragement! I know it is me who is the worry wart and Koozer will have a blast....I just needed to be reminded of that:D

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My boys love going to daycare and staying overnight. And I'm sure that by the time they need to sleep, they're so pooped from playing during the day, that they won't complain! Koozer will be the same I'm sure. You can always ask if you can give them a call at a certain time to see how he's doing. Have fun on your trip!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.