First time traveling

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
Tomorrow I am going on a 6 hr trip tomorrow and I am taking my EBD for our first road trip. What would yall recommend to make the trip easy and painless. lol

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
When we go visit my family in PA, which is about 5 hrs from me. I take Ruthie for a nice long walk before we go and we stop, usually twice for about 15-20 mins to let her walk around. By the trip back she's completely wore out cause she likes to play and be a "country dog" while she's there. Have a safe trip!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Tomorrow I am going on a 6 hr trip tomorrow and I am taking my EBD for our first road trip. What would yall recommend to make the trip easy and painless. lol

Does your baby like car rides? If yes, all you need to do is potty stops every 2 or 3 hours with a short walk to stretch legs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
The potty breaks and fresh water when you stop...which, of course, means additional potty breaks! Dudley loves the car and I've been shocked at what a great traveler he is every time!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
When we go on long trips with ours we take food and water for them and a toy or two. We stop every 2 or 3 hours, usually when we need to take a potty break and walk them and let them get water. They usually sleep the whole way. We have SUV's so they stay in their crates in the back are are comfortable. Take some towels and paper towels too.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I went on a 13 hour trip alone, with 2- 4 mo. pups, and 2yr.old and 1 yr. old(furkids!) It was all of their's first trip-other than to the vet! They were so good, I was so proud of them. I had 3 car seats-the two pups shared one. Every few hours, I stopped and took turns walking them. I always take some doggie treats, water, and of course, their food and toys. The pups would drink but my other dogs don't drink on a trip.I don't really feed them, but offer them a treat after they walk-and water. They all slept on the whole trip, except when I stopped. Just act like it;s no big deal and don't be nervous-he will feel that. You should have a great trip! Safe journey!

s5nelson

Aug 28, 2013
Gaithersburg, MD
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston does really well on long car rides. I usually stop every couple of hours as well to stretch legs / go potty / get a drink. Since he's usually sleeping through the day while I'm at work, he sleeps through most of the longer trips (I try to leave early in the morning and drive through the day when traffic is lighter).

OP
Jlambe

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
Mac Daddy did great, he basically slept the whole time lol Here are some pics from the trip lol IMAG0362.jpgIMAG0356.jpgIMAG0358.jpgIMAG0359.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Mack looked quite like he enjoyed the trip and was totally relaxed. Good for him. I am glad you had a good trip with him!

dodgetail

Nov 11, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dodge
Dodge never had more than 1 hour of car ride and he prefer to sleep so we don't have much experience to share. Hoping for your smooth travel..

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
We drove from Florida to Ct when Bogey was 6 months old. We stopped every 3-4 hours. We did the trip in 2 days, and Bogey was just the best! We didn't even know he was with us! He slept most of the way!!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.