You are all crazy!! I suggest you seek professional mental help...

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Props to all who do this as I know it must be tough. The litter Rocco came from lost a male shortly after birth as well :( From what the breeder told me the mother laid on it? (Not sure is it was a literal or figurative term that I am unaware of) but I would imagine losing one here or there is common. Good luck and post pics as time goes on!

Matt it's very common, Bully momma's are very… how should I put this BULLY!!! We never allowed Bella to be alone w/her pups, they are not very conscious of their babies and have to be watched constantly (especially when they are newbies). Or at least we were told that, Bella never did anything wrong but w/8 pups we were going to take any chances!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You post hit the nail on the head, when I tell people about breeding.... it is not the endless hours of work, or the endless piles of :poo:..... I always tell them it is sooooo emotional.... it is a feeling that cannot even be described when their lives literally are in your hands. You are the difference between life and death so many times. The worry is always there, like a raincloud hovering over you, every single second.

We have been very fortunate to have only lost one baby, but we have had a spina bifida pup and an incontinent pup (the spina bifida had frozen back legs) and I did all I could to try to make him walk, the amount of tears I shed during the first 4 weeks of his life were so hard. Then one day he cruised across the room with his two front legs and smiled at me, I knew he was okay and very happy. It was the most amazing experience to learn so much about these babies and how to care for them.

In the end, yes I am crazy, I have learned too much and have healthy bully babies, I really love the pups and how wonderful my moms are with them, they are so much fun and the whole family is so involved with their care......I am actually anxious to have another litter next year.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes it is hard work and the weeks of no sleep, but sleep is over rated anyway. People don't realize just how much work there is to having a litter. Not letting mom stay with the pups makes it even harder, because as you know you get to get iPad every time they need to eat. Plus the emotional part of it, knowing their little lives are in your hands. It never easy losing one either, it just tears at your heart. I am up waiting to feed our fixing to be 2 week old Frenchie pups. It hard work but so well worth it in the end and so rewarding when you see them grow with their new families, and see them in the show ring winning. Your pups are so cute, and good luck with them. I am looking forward in seeing more pic of them.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Matt it's very common, Bully momma's are very… how should I put this BULLY!!! We never allowed Bella to be alone w/her pups, they are not very conscious of their babies and have to be watched constantly (especially when they are newbies). Or at least we were told that, Bella never did anything wrong but w/8 pups we were going to take any chances!

I never knew that. But for some reason I can picture them not being very conscious if they happen to lay on one. Definitley seems like a lot of hard work during the first few weeks.

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Not only do you have to supervise the mamma and puppies any time they are together... You have to deal with an OCD mamma who cant get to her puppies when they are separated.

Molly has thrown temper tantrums the likes of which i have never seen :fie:.

Hell hath no fury like a mamma bulldog who cant get to her pups when she wants to!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

Cami~70 lbs just stepped on my lil cat Coco~10 lbs for the gazillion time!

Even tho they'd been laying there together for a good 30 minutes, as you
say, they are just unaware (and clumsy), Cami hurts me all the time too.
Never means too, she looks so hurt when Coco hisses at her out of self
preservation and tries to lick her ears & loves on her to make up :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not only do you have to supervise the mamma and puppies any time they are together... You have to deal with an OCD mamma who cant get to her puppies when they are separated.

Hell hath no fury like a mamma bulldog who cant get to her pups when she wants to!!!

OH my -- that can not be a good scene at all.... :eek:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Oh you'd better believe it... Bella did some serious door damage trying to scratch thru the door to get to her babes!!! We ended up putting them in a playpen, so she could see them but NOT step in them...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.